Fly Tying
lil_flygirl101

another kid swap( wolly bugger)

I was wondering if ten kids would be interested to do a wolly bugger swap (kids only)so the first ten with im in you can be in the swap!

we have decided that the due date will be march 30th

i think that will give everyone a chance to make their flies

lil_flygirl101

hannah :yahoo:

1.lil_flygirl101

2.fc flykid

3. bluegillgirl

4. Gregg A-Zachary

5. steelsmith04

6. gary madore-taylor

7. butterfly

8.trout angel

9.jumprope

10.threder jr.

11.troutguy#1

Save a spot for bluegill girl, she's out shopping with her mom right now, when she gets back I'll let her know. She was really excited afer the last kids' swap and ha been wanting to join another one ever since!

Ok I thought I'd get a start on them but I came acrossed a personal conflict with it. I wasnt able to decide if everyone would be ok with the color scheme I decided on. I started off with green for the tail

post-3142-1136176831_thumb.jpg

Then I used peacock herl for the body. If you guys would prefer a different color body then tell me i can get a different color. I know the peacock herl isnt pretty but they're amazing little workhorses. B) and of course I ended up using brown feathers as hackle. I dont have hackle feathers and brown is the only color feather i have that would work as a hackle. All the other feathers are soft and fuzzy such as the tail. I form a dubbing loop and put the fibers in it and twist it. once twisted it looks like a pipe cleaner. :D sorta. Then wrap it, the hair on the pipe cleaners or peacock herl make sure the "hackle" fibers point up.

post-3142-1136177465_thumb.jpg

Front view of hackle

post-3142-1136177640.jpg

I know this one isnt great. I just wanted to tie a really quick one so everyone could get an idea of what they'd be getting if you guys dont have me change the color scheme. When I find out if I'm gonna be changing the colors I'll finish tying them up.

Seth

steelsmith04 your flies are lookin good !

did anyonen else start on their flies yet? :dunno:

its ok if you didnt cause we have some time

ps.if you didnt see the due date is going to be march 30th

lil_flygirl101