Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Chase Creek

Hi Folks

Been watching all the posts (and picking up a lot of really good stuff) and thought I'd better get in here. Live in Ohio (Toledo), but orig from mid-Michigan. Spend most of my trout time annoying Brookies in the little feeder streams dumping into the Manistee River. When I can't get up there, I chase Bronzebacks and 'Gills around.

Been tying for quite a few years, but not seriously until about three years ago. Looking forward to a lot of other info from this site, and maybe I can even contribute some. Great site!

Welcome aboard! Make yourself at home, you'll find lots of helpful/friendly folks on here. Can't wait to see your contributions as well! Where were you from in Mid-Michigan, those are my old stomping grounds as well.

I did the same thing and 'lurked' for a while. Best decision I made was to join in. I have taken a lot from this site, and like to think I have left a few nuggets as well. I look forward to seeing your flies and comments!

I second Redwings, I surfed around on this site for a few days and then decided to show my ugly face on here. Totally the best choice as far as tying I have made in the many years I have been tying. I have gotten so much help and feedback on flies in the little time I've been on here. Started tying flies I never even tried before or dreamed of tying before. You are going to love it here. Lots of great people from all walks of life and all around the world. With that said, welcome to your new home.

Ashby

Hi Sage,

I'm from the Wacousta area (NW of Lansing, near Grand Ledge) Do most of my trouting North of Cadillac in the state forrest. Nice area, been fishing there for 40+ years, and have seen maybe 12 other brookie chasers on the streams. That should tell you how hard it is to get to some of the streams ! OK by me.

Hi Sage,

I'm from the Wacousta area (NW of Lansing, near Grand Ledge) Do most of my trouting North of Cadillac in the state forrest. Nice area, been fishing there for 40+ years, and have seen maybe 12 other brookie chasers on the streams. That should tell you how hard it is to get to some of the streams ! OK by me.

Spent a minute or two on them streams. Particularly between Manton and Mesick.