Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Brewer

black seal green butt

thanks TB, i think ive got an "outside" camera. i got this idea from one of davys ties, and my floss work is terrible, so i did it with seal...i love working with the stuff

Nice fly Brewer! Let me tell you a little secret just between you and I. We all had trouble with floss at first. The only way you will get beyond that is to do it over and over and you will see that as long as you're careful and thoughtful, you can do great flosswork too. Now, not a word about this to anyone! :whistle:

Happy Trails!

Ronn

:ph34r: :ph34r: we'll be by shortly Ronn :ph34r: :ph34r:

Great fly , Brewer. I'd like to see the reciepe--hook, B.E.P?? I particularly like the tag section, just gold oval on the bare hook?--looks very sharp. great job on the wings, on this one and your other posted spey.

I like it better with the seal, Floss bodies on speys always look too slender. My steelies like to strike something with a profile

thanks guys.

flounder, tho hook is a CS10/3 #2/0, it is bEP, the tag idea came from a few of joe hards flies, and the throat is gadwall, its a grey and black barring, and darker than the teal.

yes very nice. infact if you don't mind I'm gonna copy it for my fly box. I really think them thompson stealies would like taht one.

Gar

Sign in to follow this