Fly Tying
MANITOU

SMALL MOUSE BIG PREDATOR

This couldn't have come at a better time. I found a taxidermist a couple of weeks ago with a huge stock pile of scrap deer skins. He sent me a box that I figure will last me a life time. That deer hair would be perfect of this. The hides are even soft too so this is going to work great. I love fighing a mouse. :headbang:

Manitou, Thats what I'm talkin about --> Them there are some Nice Fish <-->Yep I Dream about what the Line sounds like zippin thru the water when one~a~them Brutes gets ta haulin a**.....Man~o~Man -- Maybe someday I can have the opportunity to Fish in Canada -- I want one on the wall or even a Replica would be Cool .....

Were useing the Mighty Mouse for these Essox ??

Cheers My Friend

I was able to get to that area for Brook trout in 2004. Fished in the area of Kuujuaq CA. To far north for pike but there were alot of Brookies, lake trout and Char. Tried several patterns of mice and all were succesful. Got my biggest Brookie (just under 8 lbs) on a small muddler minnow with a little oragne in the pattern. see attached photo.

post-2289-1139011237_thumb.jpg

Fantastic mouse , Guess I'll have to make due with the bucket mouths down here, though I am incredibly envious of y'alls enviorment up there. (Green vegitation and flowing streams :ripped: ) Great catches folks

Don

After I go to Alaska (Salmon, Rainbows) and the Amazon (Peacock Bass, Payara, Pirrhana), I have GOT to take a fly-in trip to northern Canada for some of those Brook Trout. I'm a sucker for a Brookie (too bad I live in Kentucky), and I DREAM of catching an 8 pounder like that.

I read an article in Fly Rod and Reel (their recent Brook Trout issue), and the place they flew into recommended 8wt fly rods. For BROOK TROUT. That's the kind of Brook Trout fishing I want to do. I don't care if I have to go myself, I'm GONNA go catch some of those Brookies.

It'll have to be in about 10 years or so though. :( Going to Alaska and the Amazon ain't going to be cheap. Neither is a drop trip into Canada.

HAs annyone tried the moose pattern this summer

I had some good brookies on this mice pattern some in the 4 to 6 pound class and also a nice lake trout took this fly this past June.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Jocelin

Im going to give this pattern a go for big bull trout in BC. I know they wont pass it up.

It may not work for the stocked brookies here but will see, may give er a go

keep posting those nice pics

its good to sweet canadian fish