Fly Tying

3rd annual smallmouth fly swap

Alright guys, it is that time of year for another smallmouth fly swap. The normal fly swap rules apply; must be on time, please include SASE with package, flies should be "toe-tagged", etc. Also, if possible please include at least a material list(tying instructions would be great) so that I can add the flies to the pattern database.

The deadline for the swap is March 24th, so that means the flies should arrive on or before that date. That should get to all the participants just in time for some early spring smallmouth action.

To make sure these flies are unique I'm going to exclude any wooly buggers or clousers. We all have our boxes full of these flies already but if your pattern is a unique variation then they will be accepted.

First 12 members to reply with "I'm in" will be in the swaps.

No dropouts and no late arrivals.

As the long absent stranger opens his mouth, we hear "I'm in".

Put me down for a dozen Cactus Chennile Damsel flies. One of my favorites. I just love new smallie patterns.

Hey Will, do you remember, is that what I sent in for the first annual smallmouth fly swap. I could do something different. It is good to be back.

Ken S.

p.s. That 16.5" April 2004 Smallie was caught on a 4 wt outfit and one of these damsel flies.

Ken, that fly doesn't ring a bell so feel free to tie those if you want.

So far we have:

1. kschu

2. Ridderbos3

10 more to go....

I am in, I just made a change to the foxee clouser that looks killer. if not that, ill be doing my simple cray from the database.

Joe

I'm in! Cool, my first fly swap in a couple of years and I think my first on this board. Looking forward to it. I have some bastardized nymph/strymph ideas that might go over...plus the go to sparkleminnow!

Mandoyak

1. kschu

2. Ridderbos3

3. bentflyrod

4. flytier

5. hairstacker

6. oldfart

7. swinks1966

8. Mandoyak

9. Fishyman

10. mozes

2 more.....