Fly Tying

3rd annual smallmouth fly swap

:crying: Mine aren't here yet... From the sounds of it I should be camping out by the box for this sweet set. :headbang:

Got mine today....SWEET!!!! :headbang:

I'm with Riderbos. I don't fish the flies I get in swaps but put them in a box to use as patterns for future tying. I gotta lot of work to do...

Good job guys....

Fishy. :D

Received my flies today! They are awesome! Thanks everyone!

BFR

My wife just home and gave them to me. She grabbed them off the porch yesterday and forgot about them in her car... They look great!

OK, let me refrase that. I'm fixin to see if there are any smallies in the trout infested waters of Lake Taneycomo :dunno: Lets see if these flies work :hyst: :hyst:

Duckydoty

I got my set on Saturday. I'm always torn up about whether or not to fish them. I have several from the last swap that I just could not bring myself to putting on the line. What if they got to close to a tree? I can live with losing a fly when a fish breaks it off. At least I got to feel that "tug" on the line. But when I lose it to a tree or get one stuck in the rocks, that just hurts.

Maybe I need a bigger piece of water. Where the trees are not quite so close.

Great stuff. Thanks to all. SmallieHunter, I'll be watching for the next one. Thanks again.

Ken

Got mine yesterday! Man, what a GREAT selection of flies!! Thanks to all and, especially, SmallieHunter for hosting. Will definitely be looking forward to the next one!

-- Mike

I too have received mine and will try them Wednesday and the rest of the season. They WILL be duplicated before use.

Irish