Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Jingles

Do perch have teeth?

Techniquely no bony fish has true teeth. But they do have sharp psuedoteeth. Not enough to require a special leader or anything, just pay attention to your line after every fish.

Deffinitely fewer/smaller teeth than bass, if any (all I know are yellow perch, unless you include crappie, which some in some areas refer to as perch????). I could lip bass all day and wear that little bit of a scuff mark on my thumb like a trophy. I would say perch are nothing to even worry about, if anything at all. But do mind the dorsal fin.

you wanna hear something funny about teeth... my dad and I were walleye fishin in current river this last dec.. we were deep hole minnow fishing and we forgot a net... hence my handle. we were alright since we only caught a few and they were under 3lbs so we were able to just lift them quickly into the boat.... well then he gets one on his line that turns out to way close to 8lb's he gets it up to the boat and I asked him what the hell he was gonna do then.... mind you this is after a day of drinkin beer freezin our ass off lol. he said give me that glove over there.(yellow work glove) he put it on and lipped it in. then funny thing was right as he got it out of the water, the teeth started to penetrate the glove and he slung it in the boat like a lil girl lol. and this is what happens when you mix 2 polocks, a case and a half of beer, and a boat.