Fly Tying

2006 Fly Tyer of the Year Contest

o.O *drools* I LIKE THAT ROD. I'm up!

· Entries must be postmarked by December 31, 2006; no flies will be eligible if postmarked after this date

· Participant may enter as many categories as you desire. Only one submission for each category.

Trout

Dry

Subsurface(nymph,emerger,wet,etc.)

Streamer

All 3 styles are seperate categories

What is postmarked?

And if I entered a fly for Dry, one for Subsurface, and one for Streamer, a total of 3 flies in the Trout section, is that ok? Those 3 styles are the catagories correct? Just wondering.

Thanks,

*goes off to tying bench*

~StoneflyKid

StoneflyKid,

Yes, you can enter a fly in each of those categories. "Postmarked" means the day the package was sent, the post office will stamp the package with the date. That date has to be on or before 12/31

The Entry Form linked on the 2006 FTOTY page seems to have the 2005 categories. Just thought you'd like to know ;)

John

Wondered what the hook point up requirement is for ? Sort of leaves out most tarpon ties & bass top water flys, but maybe they're just too common for the tie & lie group

Not sure what requirement you are referring to. The form that you mail in with your flies should indicate if the fly should be photographed "hook up" or not.

Either thru the back out again & didn't read the regulations right becuase it seems to state the flies are to be photographed hook point up or down. This getting old is for the birds :ripped: Thanks for the blind man's cane! :bugeyes:

I'm in! I love competitions. Ill be tying for large and small mouth bass, bluegill, trout, and a hairwing salmon. Lots of flies, and soo little time :j_k: 4 months is plenty!