Fly Tying
Radoslav Kiskinov

Mountain trout fishing

"Excuse me, lady, would you give me one more of this?"

I am sorry, guys, I was talking to the waitress, for another drink.

How are you, guys, I am writing you this topic to tell you about my last flyfishing experience on a montain river where I was with three friends of mine.

IPB Image

I was invited to my friends town, Stara Zagora ( the old name of the town is Beroae). Some authors of flyfishing books say that Stara Zagora (Beroea) is the place of the world from where comes the first information about flyfishing about 200 A.D.

So my friends invited me to make a flyfishing trip for wild mountain trout, and of course I accepted with pleasure.

We went to the river early in the morning and did not wait much to wade it.

IPB Image

The river was small, beautiful paradise, where you can see even nests of wild nightingales.

IPB Image

We were surrounded everywhere with green bushes and trees, and of course water and stones.

IPB Image

It would not be a surprise if we could meet some of the Tolkin's hobits, hiding nearby in the bushes.

We looked to find what was living under the stones in the river.

IPB Image

There were many mayflies larvas of Heptagenia, Clinger Nymphs

IPB Image

Everytime I see this picture I think remembre the face of Dart Veider.

IPB Image

We tried our immitations of mayflies nymphs, but they were too dark for the moment. It had been raining previous night, and the water was not that crystal clear as usual.

So I put caddis pupa, some of mine favourite flies, and begin to catch lnice little brownies.

IPB Image

All of them were released back into the water

IPB Image

IPB Image

We had very nice trip and a lot of fun, caught some beautiful fish, what more can you need from the life?

"Hey, lady, give me another one please..."

Best regards friends!

Radoslav Kiskinov - the Shark

Hi, guys,

Thaks for the kind words, I am happy that you liked the pictures.

Actually, behind the camera was Valio, young and tallanted flyfisherman and I hope soon to become a great photographer. I was telling him all the time how to place the objects on the screen, how to choose the angle and such things, I am happy to share my knowledge with younger passionate flyfishermen.

Here you are some more pictures of that day:

This is me, looking for a place in the stream:

IPB Image

Here I found once

IPB Image

And of course my servant-girl, my fly rod, my precious:

IPB Image

A little queen of the stream swimming with my caddis pupa:

IPB Image

And my leech, behaving like a chewing gum for another trout.

IPB Image

I wish you all the best, and see you soon with my next flyfishing report from Bulgaria!

Radoslav Kiskinov - the Shark

Simply awesome! Great looking site as well. Once I got the translations going so I could find my way around I got in to some wonderful pictures and flies.

Hey Rado,

AWESOME report!!! I'd have a hard time leaving somewhere as beautiful as the place you showed. Looks very special indeed, and the fish are incredible looking. Oh, yes, excellent photography, you really captured the essence and spirit of the trip, thanks for sharing. One of these days buddy, we’re going fishing together, either here or there, or best of all, both.

One more drink, Cheers, then another.....

Graham

I wanna go to bulgaria!!! WOW!! That is some beautiful, BEAUTIFUL scenery! Awesome! The picture of the rod and stream is breathtaking. And the fish aren't too shabby either!! Excellent. All the best! -James D TB7

If you climbed out on a rock, stripped off your shirt and started beating the fish on the rock while you sang to yourself, we would be getting out the strait-jacket. Keep the reports comeing!