Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Derington

Bass Bugs

Heres a couple bass bugs that have done well for me so I thought I'de post them :lol: They float like a cork and really move the water when you give them a jerk. Great for largemouths and have had a pike or two smack em.

post-4571-1150243240_thumb.jpg

Awesome colour combos, thanks for sharing will have to give them a try. I am planning a camping trip to a fair size bass pond soon. What do you stick the eyes on with?

Thanks guys , I'm glad you like them.

Joe I use what ever adheasive Chris Helm is selling - presently I think its called Bond 526 or 527, anyway the most importatant thig is I burn a small socket then scrape residual out of socket and simply ad a small amt. and insert eyes.

jschmidt-- I pretty much tie just like Helm, where we tie down the collar with a half hitch to keep them away while trimming and its pretty much the last step in the fly, simply knick the knot with edge of razor and its hirtory

Thanks again for your comments----MORE TO COME

Man great job. I'd fish those. I really like the tail end of the deer hair. Yours is sticking straight up like it was cut from cork, nice,