Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Brewer

poult update

heres my feather, er poult update, ordered 40 narragansett eggs, 20 hatched, 2 are royal palms, and one spanish black. the odd ones were a nice supprize.

anyways, only a week old, and the toms are struttin up a storm. these suckers grow fast.

btw, for those that have children, the incubation process is amazing, and i highly recommend doing this with them !

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

they are turkeys, and it took alot of shopping to get the breed i was looking for....i had to get the eggs mailed from ontario, and im on the east coast.....then i had to get the old girl to sit on em....nevermind, no one will believe that.

so are you just a bird lover, or did you get them for some kind of experiment?

a little bit of both. basically a hobby, but a usefull one. feathers and food.........i need a smoker now :)

wow, you're gonna raise them to full grown, and then eat em? I can eat a wild turkey that I killed in the woods, but I don't know about growing on, and then eating it. lol. Whatever floats your boat! haha.