Fly Tying
cornmuse

John Ridderbos is showing us his!!!!

Im lucky enough to have received a few for my self sweet flies john!!!

Greatness :blink: John? :huh: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: Greatness? :unsure: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :j_k:

Good Day,

Having had the pleasure to meet John on a few occasions and even have dinner and tying sessions with him.... I would say that he may be quite too modest to accept these accolades bestowed upon him. On the other hand, he really has been dragged into too many, shall we say, incidents as of late, so he may not be willing to respond for fear or reprucution or retributuion or retaliation...

:D

Steelie

Those are sweeeeet :headbang: :headbang: !!!! Anyone know what the tail fibers are? Looks like EP or Congo Hair to me, but I'm not sure.

Those are sweeeeet :headbang: :headbang: !!!! Anyone know what the tail fibers are? Looks like EP or Congo Hair to me, but I'm not sure.

They are sweet indeed.

If you click on the images to make them larger, it is possible to tell that some of the tails are twisted flash.

There is a uniform wave to the other fibers that I don't notice in any of the EP fibers among my materials

which lead me to think they are something else.

The pencil poppers appear to have Ultra Hair for a tail, it is a bit stiffer and crinklier than the other supple synthetics like Kinky/Slinky Fiber, Streamer Hair, and EP fibers, etc. Its either Ultra or one of the other older "kinky" fibered materials.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Thompson-Ultra-Hair-Fl...u-/270587942679

or it could be this Unique Hair. I think it is the Ultra though. I used to use it all the time but couldn't remember the name until I started searching. Its a good tail material for a minnow popper because it keeps its slender shape without fouling on the hook when casting.

http://www.saltwaterflies.com/unique_hair.jpg

Anyway, the Sneaky Pete bugs have Krystal Flash.

Kirk

Ahh, yes, I see it now. I knew what the Krystal Flash was and now I see the other. Good stuff. Thanks guys!