Fly Tying
Sturgeon_Catcher

Here Sharkie - Sharkie

No phone nor internet for two days and was tired. Rested for a spell. Now looking at roads to Assateage state park, Maryland I think.....

Hey –

I have not posted any fishing reports for some time. The last of my postings didn’t show a great deal of interest so got the idea that perhaps was interrupting with thoughts not relevant.

I have been on the road since April 20th. Currently in Sharon, Ct. at a Laundromat. Leaving here for Assateague Beach, Maryland. Next stop is the week of the 4th with Whippersnapper. Have a few days. Bought a monster circle hook in Newport, Or as a gag for fly tying. Did a web search and found this beach. They are fishing in the surf with menhaden. Saw a migration of these guys in Charleston, Sc. While with father in law. Set him up with a jig I purchased from a fisherman on an abandoned roadway in Beaufort, SC. He was catching them 3 – 5 a time. His last fishing trip.

Going to tie a menhaden bunny on this monster circle hook and employ either the 14’ tournament road with Shimano Trinidad 50 or ultra light 12.5’ with Daiwa 450 H. These gentlemen are employing a kayak to carry their bait out and employing med. to large spin bait poles, with perhaps Shimano 450 bait casters. I have this set up but prefer long casting with the larger pole.

Steel leader, sliding weight (to make the cast – 125 yds plus with the ultra light), then the monster menhaden.

The reason I have written this note in this manner is that I realized that my fishing trip is not wholly about catching fish. I have caught approximately 750 fish to date. Ate one fish family dinner while meeting wife in Charleston, Sc. Agreed to cook if caught a fish. Is it good to eat? Yep….Almost a 2 lb. Pompano and now I find the picture that isn’t would be worthwhile. His butt barely touched the water—little fish. I’m told it was virtually trophy size again today by a mechanic’s helper here in Sharon, Ct..

The last article received very little readership. If I receive sufficient interest will drop a few notes such as this with pics of the sometimes average to mediocre fish and fantastic fishing waters. Water colors, running riffles etc. Fog on the water as it passes a structural steel narrow bride in West Virginniii! Hey Easternfly.

I would write a short article in long hand format. Perhaps two pages and can bring to mind just a few at this point. Two young ladies, running North through Pa., 75-79mph on the flat, 50-55mph on the hills, one red car, one blue car, pretty girls- college girls, stickers, big rain, chasing me again. Blue car passess, over the hill crest, blue car perpendicular to roadway, five guardrails out, car destroyed, pretty girl standing on the side of the road, long pants now ………..tractor trailer pulling tandem on opposite side, a little kiss maybe? more?????

Later

Fred

If that doesn't get attention I dont know what will!!! The suspense is killing me. Always love fishing pics!!!!

Fred...you don't need to be validated by absoulte numbers of readers....even if only a few read and enjoy, isn't that enough? Quality not quantity brother!

Be well,

John

First posting - How do you fall in 18" of water and not get wet? Or did you say you lost your wading jacket? Workiing project......

http://www.capemaylewesferry.com/

Found a route around the high water. 6.5 hrs from Torrington, Ct. Off at 11:00 am June 30th. Couple of errands. Visit Grady's fly shop to finish above titled story....hmmmm.....get cd of pics taken with antique cameras today at Housatonic State Park. Photo study with telephoto lense and time exposures with multiple exposure times and lengths of lenses. Architectural photo of Farmington Bridge. Cool pic I hope. 18mm Fish eye lense F8 at 60 infinity focus. Car coming right at me...... Hope it comes out.

Also pick up tool kit for Easternfly at Grady's. Dr Slik scissors, small whip finisher, brass threader, brass bodkin with hair packer in base. $21.95 for all. Man said he would like one. One he shall have. Will post in am to Easternfly....

Later

Fred

Here sharkie. .....wonder if the ferry will let me troll a bunny? Who would I ask?? Oh well maybe better not.

Almost forgot...need to get some 12" balloons while in Walmart tomorrow. Need them to float line way out there. Seen it in Beaufort, SC. Out going tide..carry that line forever. Wind her back and we're swimming a bunny in how much water????

More Later

Keep posting 'em Fred!!!

You don't need the validation of huge viewership. The message boards were pretty slow there for awhile, as well, with everybody fishing.

The board is subdivided so many ways that it's sometimes hard to hit all the threads. But once it's on the Net, it's pretty much there forever and will be read.

Good luck with the sharks!!!!!! My kids are just fascinated by somebody fishing for a hammerhead.

Made the ferry. 25 minutes till boarding. Only 20 minutes late. I had allotted 3 hrs. for excess driving time.

Made it. Got the balloons and the bridal veil and the elastic thread. Gonna......

fred