Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
colbyjack

online/mail order supplies

so where online or mail order do you shop for supplies? sorry no store in my area. ive noticed like 3 places i want a book from want $5-$7 for a catalog... but then u get it back on the first order.... wierd. well just courious where you shop. if its a local fly shop. name, phone number, and contact info please. may buy from your local shop. i think alot of my desioins are made on the thrown while looking in the parts mag or the fishing supply shop mag. so i like to have a catalog on hand. what about you folks? is every one loyal to one shop? or go for the best deal? or just best customer service? -chris

I tried J.Stockard last week,i got it here in 5 days,but i live in europe the netherlands.

So i just can say that they send out the order realy quick,same as if i would order it in europe.

I also order by cabelas,also good but not so fast as j. stockard.

When i order over 100 dollar i have to pay extra tax here to,so then i let it deliver by frends in detroit,they send it as a normal/birthdaygift or whatever packadge to me with a value under 100 dollar(sssssshhhht this is in fact a crime :o if you do this) on it.

Once i ordered for me and a few frends for 800 dollar,value on it...under 100 dollar....customercontroll did check it and they said......hhhmmmm its about 200 dollar so extra tax will be 50 dollar,ahum so that realy turned a smile on my face and my frends,i even tipped the postman :D .

They cant check every packadge by hand or scan,when it has a bill from a shop on it you pay tax over it.

And shops have to put a bill on it and their adress so there is nothing they can do to make it cheaper for you and you cant blame them for that.

So if you live outside the country where you order something try to find a good frend there....you know what to do then how to get it to you without paying extra tax.

It also helps if you dont use the original packadgebox,a drawing from a 6 year old kid on a normal paperbox with ....Hapy birhtday...on it camouflage that its from a shop or has high value stuff in it.

Saving on shippingcosts is the same,most is shipped by private post if its outside the country like ups.

Let it deliver by a frend inside the country and when they send it to you its by normal post,alot cheaper.

Klaas

very interesting, ive requested some catalogs from a few different vendors. all were free. once i get a few ill be doing some ordering. just to try out "who's out there" and their service. -chris