Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
jmmccutc

Just an update on what i've been doing

Hello to everyone at FTF,

I just wanted to post an update since i've been rater busy and havent' had much time to post.

My life has been crazy the last few months, graduated from college, job hunting, starting a new job, fishing, and shooting groundhogs.

I recently scored a pilot slot with the 911th Airlift Wing based at Greater Pittsburgh Airport. I'll be headed to Officer Training next Septmber. I'll be flying C-130's upon my return to Pittsburgh. I'm also now a Flight Instructor and teaching at American Jet Training in Youngstown Ohio. My work schedule has not been conducive to having time to tie but hey I still squeeze a few out here and there.

The bass fishing arround Kent has been pretty good to me so far this spring/summer. I've kept most of my free time occupied either fishing or hunting, so i can't bitch too much i guess...

I'm also working on a book, more like memoirs about fishing the people i've encountered and the places i've seen...it's been in the works for about a year now and maybe i'll post some clips sometime...if anyone knows a good literary agent shoot me a PM i'd like to get the ball rolling on this sometime arround this coming Christmas.

Hey Marty, Joe (Big Joe), Joe (Strike indicator Joe), and Big and Little Jerry, keep me informed about the next trip you'd like to take i'd like to get together with you all and wet a line. Also i've got a new cell phone, and i have Atroutbum2's # but i need the rest of you to give me a call sometime so that i can keep intouch.

Tight lines and Tailwinds,

~Jake

Good to see things are working for you Jake. If you ever get your 130 into Cheyenne be sure to look me up. We have 130s here and we even get the occasional C-5. Just think of all the nice places you get to fly to where you can fish.