Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Alex C.

The BIGGEST hook

I have a fly in mind that will be big, very big. But I need a hook that has a shank length of aroung 6". The bigger the better, if the shape is wrong I can bend it hw I need it. Anyone know of such a hook and where I can find it?

You guys wanna know how to take care of the pricks on the jet skis, carry a wrist rocket and split shots, it works, this I can say from experience. :devil:

I like the wrist rocket idea - safe and quiet - I've had some success with Clousers, but there's always the chance of overshooting the target and wrapping your line on the offender - A potato/hairspray bazooka would work as well, but the noise might bring some unwelcome attention from the authorities

sage8wt was teaching me a neat way to catch salmon!!! it might work for jetskis. up and a away he said pull up and away. set the hooks and hang on!!! that must be how he landed the 400 pounder!!!!

My buddy once shot flares at a jet skiier who kept buzzing his cove during a bass tournament.....but I opt for the wrist rocket idea! Anyway, back to the hook question....Bass Pro Shops offers some mustad trebles in a 12/0 size, Owner worm hooks in 11/0, but I'm thinking youre probably looking for just a plain jane straight shank hook......not sure where to check for those....

Try Partridge of Redditch, they make some pike hooks 8/0. They also make some other long shank hooks. The larger saltwater hooks might not be what you are looking for. Heavy Iron with a big eye. A Carrie Stevens 10xl H/W Streamer Hook, CS15 size 2/0 is about 4 inches long for reference.

I like marbles better than split shot, marbles don't penetrate the operator. Ralph

So marbles its O.K. to aim for the head, cool!

sage8wt was teaching me a neat way to catch salmon!!! it might work for jetskis. up and a away he said pull up and away. set the hooks and hang on!!! that must be how he landed the 400 pounder!!!!

key word in this statement is "hooks"