Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
brownsnatcher

fLESH

I thought this would be a good topic, like the title says hooks and flesh.

whats the worst flesh wound you have gotten from a fly hook.

or maybe the funniest, got one this weekend and it was a careless one.

went to pick up my rod and my buddy called me as Iturned to look at him

Igrabbed the rod to low and inbedded in my pinky complete around the curve

of a # 6 ouch

Im almost too embarrased to tell this one, but what the heck, I hooked my self in the butt on a back cast not too long ago, and it went fairly deep into the right cheek :lol:

i havent had any of accidents yet but my friend has...it went right through her ear lobe...hows that for a piercing!!! the game warden had to help her get it out...it was like size 20???

I have put many a hook through my finger...yuo get used to pushing it the rest of the way through to pinch the barb and pull back out.

Probably the funniest was when I was a kid I was casting a Rapala when my little brother walked behind me mid-overhand-cast and took a pair of trebles in the cheek. He went screaming up the dock running as fast as he could until the bail closed and suddenly he was horizontal in the air... Missed his eye and there is no scarring so it is a big joke now; I never knew you could actually jerk someone off their feet...

I'm paranoid about getting a hook in the eye. I don't wear glasses, however never fish during the day without polarized, and have started wearing reading glasses during the low - no light periods.

No real nasty hook troubles, yet, knock on wood.

Worst injury (as I posted in another thread) is from the little bluegill that grabbed the fly just as I began my back-cast. Sent the little bugger to flying and it caught me square in the face! Sent my glasses flying and cut my nose.

IPB Image

My youngest laughed and laughed when I told him about it the next day.

IPB Image

i stepped on a treble hook, took rapala in the eyebrow, ripped a size 8 hook through my finger...

thats all

for now atleast :hyst: :hyst: