Fly Tying
colbyjack

outdoor scenery today

Well not today but from a couple of July's ago - Great Bear Lake, NWT, Canada pretty close to midnight or shortly there after

DSC_0490.thumb.jpg.170890c90c95b0c01c347eb41d047e8b.jpg

i do fish there. its called hopeville pond

the photo is taken from the road were i normally fish from but i have been invited by the home owner to fish from his yard to the left of the barn

9 hours ago, flytire said:

i do fish there. its called hopeville pond

the photo is taken from the road were i normally fish from but i have been invited by the home owner to fish from his yard to the left of the barn

Wow, that's a pretty place. Very nice.

Actually picking up for the next cast... Lil Red River, JFK Park, HeberSprings, Arkansas. DD’s IPad for the pic.  Home of world record brown trout.  ( record was broken few years back in Michigan I think).   Anyway Arkie tailwaters are amazing artificial trout fishery.  I tried for one the monsters one day couldn’t get him to hit.   Had to be over 20#.   They catch them mostly around the grass beds at nite.   At DryRunCreek at Norfork River by the hatchery they got handicap/ kids deal that the browns are so thick before the spawn in the late fall/ winter you could walk over their backs!  We let kids use our rods and catch the huge cutthroats that are in plain view whenever we get up there.  Headed that way soon I hope.

http://arkansasroadstories.com/nature/trout.html

Got this one at LibbyShoals one time and one on the WhiteRiver over by Cotter, Ark    Mostly stocker rainbows   

OK Mikey ....action shot.  DD got me on SpringRiver with nice rainbow with her IPad.   It takes great pictures.

Speaking of kayaks, canoes,  rafts then add bikinis, beer you gotta go early to  beat the hatch.   This is what we came out to witness at truck park😳   I count 22 canoes in that one stack😝

BEBC3994-B762-4757-BB7E-E8B9E3FB6743.png

6A0994B0-5C83-49B1-91B9-F7DBCBE9941A.png

50F087CC-784C-43BA-8978-A05F6B818201.png

7220ED88-39F1-44AC-98DD-8A1749768325.png

92DE3018-C3EC-4301-BB41-20F61AF4E332.png

004F554A-ECA6-42CD-BDCF-01A96CDD0A13.jpeg

Very pretty fish. 

That last picture is one of the ugliest things I've ever seen.  Almost as bad as those sewage spill photos that show up every once in a while.