Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
fly time

These fellas were huge!!!

post-4351-1154659726_thumb.jpgpost-4351-1154659651_thumb.jpgpost-4351-1154659570_thumb.jpgpost-4351-1154659491_thumb.jpgpost-4351-1154659420_thumb.jpgpost-4351-1154659349_thumb.jpgWell after some fishin today I came in the house, and there was one in the garage, and one that I almost stepped on with bare feet in my tying room, they were like gangstas or somethin, now Im wondering where the rest of their clan is, so they too can "say hello to my lil friend" the can o spider killer that is. Thought you fellas would enjoy the picts, now Sweet Dreams :unsure: Oh yea the spray has a 15 foot stream, and you can bet your ass I utalized that effect, I hope you enjoy the picts, cause I don't normally get that close to any spider, much less one the size of these. And if any of you realistic fellas wanna try and tie up one of theese Ill spray it too :flex: :gunsmilie:

Yea, they were body builder spiders, but now they are dead spiders!!! I think they were either wood spiders or wolfe spiders!!

Brown Recluse?? Are browns larger?? Smallie and Flytime are probably more on the correct line though. Either way those things are wicked. -James D TB7

Dolometes sp. - fishing spider. While doing my stream ecology research, I've seen some huge specimens - some females with body lengths (not including the legs) 2 inches (5 cm) or more - guarding their areas on rocks, logs, or places around undercut banks. I've also seen them around lakes, ponds, and many types of wetlands. The link below has some nice pictures.

http://www.uark.edu/depts/entomolo/museum/dolomede.html

There have been reports of very hungry fishing spiders :angry: intimidating Copper River grizzly bears to let go of their salmon catch :ripped: , and hauling the released fish to their dens to suck them dry. Unfortunately, these reports don't make it into the peer-reviewed literature :dunno: , but I'm sure there's something on the web to back this statement up. This is what happens when I write posts at 1:00 AM in the morning...