Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
#10WhiteWolf

Spring Creek, PA

Im taking a trip to spring creek this weekend, need some pointers on where to go on the creek, and aside from hearing that it holds some big browns and Bows, I would like kind of an idea on exactly how the fishing really is. Thanks for anything you got guys!!!

~Wolf

I assume you mean Spring Creek near State College in Centre Co.? If so the stretch between bellefonte and the mouth of the stream where it empties into Bald Eagle Creek is quite good this time of year. trico's in the morning, ants,beetles et al during the afternoon, and if the weather is wet you may (don't count on it though) see a fishable BWO hatch. I can also assure you that nymphs (scuds, pt's, copper john's, Walts worm....in sizes 16 and smaller) will also provide good action.

Regards,

Mike

Sorry for not being real specific. I did mean Centre county......I know its somewhere near Bellefonte, and Boalsburg. Thanks for the tid bits, if you guys find anything else out about current action out there, please let me know. My dad is the one I really want to see catch something worth while because he hasnt fly fished in many years. Im on my way out the door to Iraq in about 2 weeks, and we had an awesome time out on the opening day of trout this past year. I really want to see him have that much fun fishing again while Im home before I have to go back and leave him and my Mom for a year. Thanks guys!

~Wolf