Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Ashby

It's been a while

Hey everyone,

First off I wanted to say thanks for all the birthday wishes, that was totally awesome, and unexpected. I was on last week, but the dang puter would not let me reply to anything except one of the personal messages. Well things have changed a little. The military just started a new server which allows me to come to the site and do everything like could if I was back home. So now I can start uploading pics on here, from here and not have to rely on Will to do it for me (thanks again Will) and since I have a puter at work at my desk I will be able to get on a bit more to see how things are going with all of you guys. Time here is flying by. I have just a little over two months left and I'll be home. I wish it was tomorrow, but nevertheless I have to wait. In the past month my house back home was inspected for mold. Turns out it's black mold, and lots of it. So the base had to move us to another house. The condemned our house but made us stay there until something came open. Our house was the worst one on base as far as the mold goes. My daughter was not allowed to go into her room because of it. Well to make a long story short, my wife tells me the base was trying to give her the run around, and give us crap for houses to pick from. They wouldn't budge. Well I took the problem to my command here, who in turn took it to the command back there. Let’s just say in just a few hours of me firing off my email to my full bird Col here, people were gotten out of bed back home and he was not too nice about it. It went all the way to the top here and there and things started happening. The movers finally showed up yesterday to move everything to our new house that for some reason three weeks ago didn't exist. Of course now my wife is pulling her hair out with re-doing everything, but at least it's in a safe home on base. Holly Christ by the time it was all over with, I had 4 full bird Colonels, 10 Lt. Colonels, 4 Command Chiefs, and 12 Chief Master Sergeant involved in this thing climbing up peoples butts. To put that in understandable terms, every high ranking officer and enlisted person on both bases were taking care of business. Hell they even paid us to move and they are the ones that moved us, not too bad I think. Anyway, you want stress, try doing this job, dealing with that from 12000 miles away on a daily bases and having to listen to your wife getting upset on the phone because her and your children are sick and not seeming like anyone was listening. All is well now, and she is happier, which translates into me being able to focus on my job here. Well that has been pretty much everything here in a nut shell. Still putting planes in the sky, killing the bad guys and doing it all in style. The nights have gotten a little cooler here. We are starting to see temps in the 90s at night. Of course the humidity on some nights feels like you could swim a country mile in it, but I'm not complaining. Well while I have the time, I'm going to take a look at some of your flies, and post a few comments. You have no idea how hard it's been without being able to get on here every day, or tying for that matter. I thought I brought some of my pics in with me tonight, but I'll have to bring them in tomorrow and try to put them on if I have the time. Take care all.

Ashby

As always, glad to hear from ya Ashby, glad too ya got everything taken care of at home, and from the way you talk sounds like ya got some pull, with the talken to the full birds!! :headbang: hope everything keeps going well and you and the rest of our men over there stay safe, I know they will feel better knowing your bird is up in the sky, keeping a check on things. I cant wait to see some more picts too. Stay safe, and best wishes to you and the rest.

Good to hear from you, and that all is now going well on the home front with the house and all. Looking forward to your return and seeing more pics.

all the best,

Damian

Good to hear from you Ashby. Keep on keeping on and be safe. BTW... amazing how fast things get accomplished when the right people get involved isn't it?

Mike

Hey Ashby....

Got excited to see your post and now know all is well. Takin' Care of Bizness - that's what they did. Should have done it the first time. Wanna get jacked up - fine. Sometimes that's the military way. In that world it is sometimes the only way to get anything done.

Best of luck and come home soon!!!!

later

Fred

Glad to hear that your family is getting looked after and set up properly. That black mold is bad news. Best wishes and high regards to you and your buds over there. It should keep you in good spirits checking in from time to time on the "crazy buggers" at this site. :)