Fly Tying
mtn

Whats the most expensive thing on your tying bench.

I have a few platinum necks that were probably the most... second to the presentation grade JC I think or maybe a little more... can't remember now.... but I don't keep those on my desk.....LOL

Lets see... on my desk, the most expensive thing.... Probably my automatic bobbin right now, worth every penny.

it is either the 6 year old (emilee) or the 4(ashlyn) year old that loves to fly ties with me :headbang: I'm not done paying for either of them yet as a matter of fact I have barely started to pay for them now :o soon the 2 year old (kailey) will want to fly ties and then I guess ill have to buy another vise lol!!!! :headbang: Bummer!!!! vise then ambrocombie then lexus then harvard......... :unsure: times 3 :wallbash: ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! hey any one want to buy a vise!!!!??? :dunno:

$30,000 in Indian Crow skins.

Wow, Paul! I didn't know you could afford half an Indian crow pelt! :hyst:

John

I wish I had that much IC John! Actually, I refuse to pay $10 for a 1/2" long feather, I'm crazy but not stupid. :lol:

hmmm...I need a bench!!! Sometimes I'll have some DSL or other comm. cards in my cube, they run about $500-5k depending on what type of card it is :dunno: oh ya and a worthless pocket PC that I play Solitaire on!!! :)

My collection of tools. 4 Tiemco ceramic bibbins, 2 Rite bobbins, 2 Dr. Slick deer hair scissors, 2 Dr. Slick razor scossors and a bunch of other stuff I can't think of but I'm sure I need.

Hmmmmmmmmmm... discounting vices, I guess I'd have to go with my Orvis hair stacker as the single most expensive item that's on my bench. It has a clear ring around the bottom of it, even, so you can see how things stacked up.

Got it on sale, but retails for $15 or so.

IPB Image

Madkasel- that hair stacker just went on my must get list :headbang:

The most expensive thing on my bench has gotta be the super grade jungle cock cape I got. Took me about a month just to get enough courage to pluck a feather off of it. As far as tools go, a couple pairs of $25 dollar Dr. Slick Razor Scissors(that have bent tips from falling onto the floor :wallbash: ) Then I've got a few framed flies from friends that are priceless to me.