Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
tastrout

hello from tasmania, australia

hello everyone,

i've been fly tying for a few years now, although my flies don't look quite as good as those on this site i still have fun tying them.

i'm interested to find out what sort of flies you use in other parts of the world.

Any info and help on techniques etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Hey tastrout, i'm from merry old england and i've noticed some difference in the patterns i use compared to some on here. Welcome to the sitw by the way!!

welcome I believe that you are the second new member from down under in the last 2 weeks. enjoy the site it's great!

nice to have you join us

i met some ausies when i was in Hawaii they stayed in the room down the hall and we went to a luau (sp) with them... :blink: crazy people could hardly understand the one guy... but boy did they love to drink.. funniest part was when we were at the luau and he stood up and yelled he wanted to party but he pronounced it like potty, the host was kind of confused and told him the bathrooms were on the backside of the bar..than he yelled "NO POTTY POTTY" it took the host a little while to figure out what he was saying and afterwards we all had a few laghs about the whole incident :unsure:

and then there was the Japanese driveby incedent but ill save that for another time....

Thanks fellas,

The site has plenty of interesting stuff, lots of patterns i'd like to try over here.

G'day DaUP, sounds like you had a pretty crazy night in Hawaii. I did't think we spoke that bad......:blink:

-Ben

Hi fellars - I have been a user on this site for a while but have been absent of late - hope to hear more of you, even a take over bid from down under might be the go...