Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Ashby

Here it is guys

Just popping in real fast. We thought the heat was over, but we didn't get that lucky. I took this picture at 11:30 in the morning. I was unable to get out to take it at 3pm when it reached 141 but I did get this one. I hope the heat decides to go away soon. at night it is a nice 78 at times, but then BAM back in hell we go :devil: Hope all of you are doing well. Be back on later.

Ashby

post-3929-1159247062_thumb.jpg

Man, Ashby, that's hot. Ugh! 141 F that would be 60.5 C. Don't think I have ever heard of temperatures like that before!

Little girl next door (3 yrs old) calls that kind of weather "STINK HOT". I don't like when it gets above 70 F.

Hope that all is well with you and that you a break from the high temps soon! As usual, you have my best wishes

One last one. This is from today at 1:30 pm, just 15 minutes ago. Now the weather people said this think measures actual temp. Well it sits out in the heat not in the shade. So how far off it is, who knows. I would guess to say it's only around 120 to 125 out, pretty sure it's not really 143.6 but it's fun to have the pic of it. During the hotter part of the season we blacked out a thermometer, that was cool. Later guys.

Ashby

post-3929-1159264043_thumb.jpg

Spent some time in Libya when I was in 55 to 58. Saw it go to 120+. Got so hot we fried an egg, we got from the mess hall, on the wing of an F86. No we didn't eat it. Take care of yourself .

It's a little warmer there than the 115 degrees I saw in Cairo back in the 80's when I was there because of the Iran hostage situation. Be safe dude and get back home where you belong. Keep your head down and keep on keeping on.

Mike

I would guess to say it's only around 120 to 125 out, pretty sure it's not really 143.6 but it's fun to have the pic of it.

Ashby,

I imagine you're right about the 120 to 125 temp; if the thermometer is in direct sun, its going to really heat it up and not give a true air temp. We just went through 28 days over 100 here in Waco, Texas, highest I believe was about 108 with 60% or so humidity, which supposedly makes it feel around 115.

It is finally cooling here some, down into the 90s, so its getting better.

Take care. I guess you are in Iraq or somewhere on the Gulf. Stay safe as best you can. I and many, many Texans are very proud of you, as are the folks here.

Ray

:blink: Thats insane!!! hurry up and get your butt back home bro, wishing you and all the rest the best!!!! you fellas keep up the great work, and we all appreciate all of you!!!

Wow. Bet you cant wait to get back and have a cold one. That makes me feel hot. We havent had a 100 degree day since 1950, atleast that is what the weather guesser on tv said.

We're appreciate what it is your doing. We appreciate it with all our hearts and I know someday there will be a special place beyond for those of you that do what it is your doing over there so that we can enjoy doing what it is we do here at home. All of us here cant wait for you to be back at home with your family.