Fly Tying
Bamboo

Emerger Swap

Looks good to me too Shoe. I'm waiting for my Green Caddis order and will have a better idea of what to tie when they arrive.

New to this swapping thing baby.gif

Have not tied in a year or so, can anyone give me any ideas???? I am up for tying anything, but just need help with what i should do....

Thanks

rg

headbang.gif

Hey RonnyBallgame. Welcome to the site. You can tie any emerger patter. You can do one of your own creations or find one on the web. I believe we still have open spots on this swap.

Good Luck,

Mozes

RonnBG-

Welcome and glad to hear that ready to start tying again.

Yes there's still room in swap and tyers of all skill levels are welcome. In fact, tying up a dozen of any fly is one of the best ways I know to improve your skills. As Mozes suggested, just search the web to find an emerger pattern that you're comfortable with tying.

Bamboo

9 swappers so far. Still have 3 openings for this swap. The due date is not til 4/15 so there's plenty of time to tie and mail.

I'll give it a couple more days (til the end of February - good riddens!) to fill up and then I'll close the swap. So, I'll send out a list and final number on Monday.

So far, we have the following tiers signed up...

OSD

Dornug

Lance

millerwb

mozes

tdyette

RoyChristie

Shoe

RonnyBallgame

-Bamboo

Bamboo,

Count me in if there is still room.

Emergers are some of my favorite types of flies to fish and tie.

This is the first time that I've been involved with a fly swap. I'm sure it will be fun and interesting.

I need to read about the "rules" for the swap.

Have a Nice Tie,

Fish-N-Chip

rolleyes.gif

OK, let's call it a wrap. We've got 12 tyers (including myself) so send along 11 flies by April 15 and I'll make sure that everyone gets one of each.

Below are the participants along with the pattern they want to tie. As you decide, let me know and I'll update the list.

OSD - size 14 olive sedge emerger

Dornug

Lance

millerwb

mozes

tdyette

RoyChristie

Shoe - Cream/Mink Emerger

RonnyBallgame

SDHflyfisher

Fish-N-Chip - Drake Emerger

Bamboo - BWO para-emerger

Thanks for playing! smile.gif

Bamboo

Ok, I tied up some partridge emergers for the swap. To be honest I have never "purposely" tied emerger patterns (that's not to say that some of my messes I call flies ended up looking like an emerger).

That said I looked on the internet for a pattern to tie and found the partridge & olive emerger pattern as inspiration. (see http://www.danica.com/flytier/steps/poe/poe.htm

I think my fly looks more like a wet fly, but again I'm not sure what an emerger is suppose to look like. Anyway here is a picture of my version of the partridge emerger, does it pass for an emerger?

Tom

user posted image

AWWWW Shucks! I missed it! I was going to join this swap and slap forgot!

Shoe tried to remind me.....oh well! Maybe next time.

Ya'll have fun

Preach