Fly Tying
RJD31

Fly Hive File Cabinet Storage System

I recently purchased the Fly Hive File Cabinet Storage System to be utilized in conjunction with my portable fly tying station. It will primarily be used to store the materials that are needed most often. I saw it a few years ago selling for over a $100, but it can be bought now on clearance for $39.99. The system is ideal for me because it provides a portable means to store a considerable amount of material. A detailed description/picture as well as the place where it was bought from are in the following link.

http://www.theflyhatch.com/catalog/prod_de...=5&dept=FAB

Hey guys, will it fit a vise in there as well? (I have a Nor-Vise and Dynaking Barracuda)

I'm looking for something like this, but only if I can throw all my travelling stuff in there.

Thanks!

Curtis Fry

I asked the retailer about the overall capacity of the main bag before it was purchased, and was told it could hold approximately ten large bags verses the eight that it comes with depending on how much material was in each one. You shouldn't have a problem storing a vise along with a substantial amount of material for the purpose of travelling. However, take a look at the pictures in large/alt views to get a better idea regarding capacity. Also, I would definitely recommend emailing them with your question.

Ron

I went ahead and bought a few extra pouches. I'll take a look at them when they come in; if they appear as good quality as they do in the pictures, I will probably buy a few more.

I have a Nor-Vise case, and another, but I wanted something more for carrying materials safely. They are a pretty good investment all by themselves!

Ray

I have had on for about two years now guys. They are great for taking stuff on the road with you, whether for a show or to the river. Yes there is room to drop in a vise as well as quite a large volume of materials.

I carry my vise, light and extension cord along with the 8 pouches full of material. Definitely some swimming room in this bag!

-Bamboo

This looks like a great deal. Can anyone here tell me how well full capes/saddles fit in this system? 12.5" x 12.5" does not seem big enough. Are there larger setups? I'd like to get one -- perhaps I will, and if capes do not fit, I'll carry a second bag just for larger feathers.

A large box was delivered this morning to the clinic. I wasn't there but picked it up at noon. I wasn't sure what was inside until I opened it here at home. Its the Fly Hive Storage System, big name for a canvas bag with plastic zip-locs, but this is a pretty darned nice, heavy duty bag with the most substantial zip-locs I have ever seen, and the weight of material and plastic is impressive, all for around $33.00.

I don't know if the Ststem didn't sell for the original price, around $100.00; I wouldn't have bought one for that, but at approximately $33.00 I class them as a steal, money well spent.

Below is another site with the same product near regular price; I found it in a google search:

Fly Hive System

IPB Image

GET ORGANIZED!! A $119.00 Value

Fly Hive System

$99.95 Reg.

$94.00 SALE

Using the Fly Hive System your fly fishing materials can come from the bookshelf to the travel case. Just grab what you'll need to go fishing!

The Fly Hive System includes one Fly Hive File Bag Storage Set and one Fly Hive Custom Case. Fly-tying materials shown are not included.

The Fly Hive System is a portable file cabinet storage system for your feathers, buck tails,fly boxes, fly reels, lines, tippets, threads, hooks, dubbing, and other fly fishing materials and fishing supplies.

Ray