Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Joke of the day

13 hours ago, niveker said:

'All ya gotta do is put your mind to it, 

Knuckle down, buckle down, do it, do it, do it

Thank you for the explanation.  I even described the "problem" to my wife at dinner last night....and I just emailed her the picture.  So it should make an interesting "follow-up".  Ha.

On 9/23/2020 at 2:55 AM, niveker said:

Probably have to be a bit 'long in the tooth' for this one:

401.jpg

We had some guys break into the polar bear exhibit at our Anchorage zoo, one night, to roller skate in the emptied (for cleaning) polar bear pool. The mistake they made was assuming that the polar bears had been removed. For a while the song was "You can't roller skate in a polar bear pool. But you sure can try if you've a mind to."

Ha!  That's funny, right there ... I don't care who you are.  I hope the bear got a good meal out of it!

5 hours ago, Mark Knapp said:

Dead-Bear-hunter.jpg

LOL, I'd rather come across the fly rod, at least I would think the bear had eaten recently!

26 minutes ago, niveker said:

LOL, I'd rather come across the fly rod, at least I would think the bear had eaten recently!

That's a picture from the 70's. Bill Pinnell, a well know bear guide on Kodiak Island found the human skull, the brown bear skull and the broken rifle. Really tells a story huh.

18 hours ago, niveker said:

@Mark Knapp Wow, I first looked at that picture on my phone and didn't notice the second skull or broken rifle.  

I made a call today to an old friend of mine who used to work for Bill Pinnell (Bill Pinnell is no longer alive). I called to see if he could give me some background on that picture. As it turns out, the picture was taken in the mid fifties. Bill Pinnell had found a human skull on the south end of Kodiak Island. They had the broken rifle and the bear skull. They had staged the picture. All these years I had known about the picture but didn't know the story.