Fly Tying

FTOTY Status

FTOTY Status  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Good Day,

Hehehe... :devil: I have been laboring away at the vise/fly lab to come up with some funky cool stuff for this years competition. Right now I have thirteen patterns decided upon with about 6 of them being complete and ready for shipping. I may add a few patterns... only time will tell!

BTW... some of you guys are going to hate me... :P

Steelie

I'd like to sign up for it, but with the holidays here, and moving into the new house soon, Im unable to do it. Perhaps after we get to the new place, and I set up my tying room I can start in on the swaps. I'm in a tying frenzy and cant seem to stop. There's only a few patterns around here that will work, so Im limited in what i tie. Sooooo, I just tie up the 4 or so patterns I know of and hope I dont run out of supplies.Think I can con the gf into some supplies for xmas? :dunno:

Good Day,

Hehehe... :devil: I have been laboring away at the vise/fly lab to come up with some funky cool stuff for this years competition. Right now I have thirteen patterns decided upon with about 6 of them being complete and ready for shipping. I may add a few patterns... only time will tell!

BTW... some of you guys are going to hate me... :P

Steelie

Some of us already do :hyst: I have 9 coming. All I have to do is find the right alan jackson spey hook for my glo bug. Oh and I need to choose a good color pipe cleaner for the egg too!!!

Still working on some of my patterns. I will probably mail them out after Christmas. Who ever wins owes me a thank you card, because the quality of my flies put you in the winners circle.

It is still great fun to tie and enter. but I am always amazed at the skill I see.

Conehead

Good Day,

Oh and I need to choose a good color pipe cleaner for the egg too!!!

Damn it! Looks like I will have to come up with another idea! I hate you Matt!

Steelie

I've been slacking as well, I tied one fly so far that I was hoping to enter, it didn't turn out too badly, I'm second guessing it now, but hell, might as well give it a shot.

As for anything else, inspiration is something I'm a little short on lately. Time to get in gear, whip out the ol' fly tying books and magazines searching for inspiration.

Hopefully will come up with at least a few flies for the contest Will. Sounds like it should be the best yet!!

vtflyhack,

You can send it in and I will enter it into whatever I think is best...you just cannot be upset with my decision...

I am now starting to get at least two or three packages a day. I have taken a peek at a few of the sets and....WOW! We have gotten some amazing stuff :headbang:

This is by far the most exciting part of the year for me. I spend all year promoting the contest and now I can sit back and see all the flies rolling in. This is alot of fun :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Still have a few weeks left!!! :headbang:

Good Day,

I hope to have mine ready to ship in about a week. About 13 paterns already complete. A few more I am on the fence on... but I better hurry up! Thanks again for hosting this Smallie hunter!

Steelie

I am working on some neat ones. Need to keep the hair ideas flowing.

You will see them soon and more than one.

All who tie should enter. It is fun and a great way to learn.

All who enter are winners.

Irish