Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flyingbones76

Hoover

nice pattern...looks like a hybrid of a Zonker and a Craxy Charlie or clouser.....I like it a lot!!! Haven't seen this pattern before and it surely warrants my attention....see no reason why the smallies wouldn't just love it!!!

Nice fly. Looks like an uncomplicated tie too. Kinda reminds me of a Shrimp Scampi minus the polar fibre and Krystal flash. I'll tie a few up for Eleuthera in a month.

Thx

Henry

FISHIMGBONES76, COOL biggrin.gif I havent done to much in rabbit BUT heres one I did an never used. it's rust rabbit w/ white rabbit glued on the bottom,maby you can find a application for it. if so Ill AD it to the flydata base if you can use it.

GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN cheers.gif

post-21-1077116854.jpg

Here is a Hoover..that is one of the 130 bonefish flies from Dick Browns Book... I have been slowly placing them in the archive in alphebetical order... so I put this on now since this post has started.Location's are Christmas Island, South Andros, and te Berry Islands,Belize..... Hok-2,4, and 6...... Thread- Tan Monocord.... Eyes- MediumBead Chain.... Underbody- Thread of the same color as thread or Rabbit wing..... Wing... Natural or Tan Rabbit strip... More details in Brown's book and designed by Brian O'Keefe.

post-21-1077118837.jpg

Copied from "Bonefish Fly Patterns", Dick Brown, Author; pages 100,101:

"HOOVER

A Brian O'Keefe design. Sample in photo was tied by Brian O'Keefe on a size 4 34007 hook and measures horizontally 2-5/8" in length. Fly rides hook-point up or down, depending on size of eyes and bulk of wing.

HOOK: 34007; sizes 2,4,6

THREAD: Tan Monocord 3/0

EYES: Medium (1/8") bead chain

UNDERBODY: Thread of same color as head and rabbit wing (or none)

WING: natural tan rabbit strip (the thinner the better)"

I'll refrain from posting the remainder of the text.

Stri - I happen to be schlepping the book around with me at present... huh.gif