Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
steelie

TNT Rubber Hopper Legs Question

Good Day,

Doing a little post Christmas gift card shopping and I have a question for those who might know. I am thinking of purchasing some of these TNT Rubber hopper Legs. The mold was apparently cast from an actual hopper leg.

Question: Am I correct in assuming that the legs need to be heat kinked into position on the fly so as not to lay flat as they are pictured?

post-295-1167246812_thumb.jpg

Steelie

Never saw,or used them,but from the pictute,I would say that you probably cut them into individual legs,and tie them on. I'd be interested to know how heavy/light they are. Good luck with'em!!

I put a post up on my super natural hoppers on the site under fly tying forum, I found that when you get the legs off as you have them in the photo if you cut between them you have a small tag that you can tie under your thread and a drop of super glue will hold them fine haven't had a fish tear one off yet. I tie them in a size 6 as its an average size for hoppers and the legs are about the right size for the body of the fly and the big plus is the fish love them.

CEPX9075.jpg