Fly Tying

Weighting Hooks

wow. i feel stupid now. why didnt i think of that.I dont live near any fly shops sooo.ordering online is my only hope.Thanks for the tip! it will be used!

Some excellent suggestions to be sure...do note however, that there are some parts of the world where use of lead in flies has been banned, so make sure of the regs before you start dunking some of these deep-diving-bad-boys!

-J

If you use lamp cord or any insulated stranded wire for weighting, ribbing, etc., cut it into 10" or so lenghts, then strip the insulation from all but an inch or so. That keeps all the strands together and you can pluck them out one at a time.

There was an article I read that right now people are stealing copper to sell to scrap yards as the price is around $3 a pound. I can see it now burglers going from fly tying bench to fly tying bench, only 500 more spools and we might get a pound :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

I like to tie & glue on those brass stick rattles designed to slip into a plastic worms. Adds both weight and sound. You can orient them across the hook and them glue on eyes over the ends, or attach them lenghtwise to the hook shank.