Fly Tying
fly time

Kids swap

My son's Connor (8) and Grant (7) say, "I'm in!"

We'll be working on some traditional patterns this time :headbang:

srfrsean

Wow Im really stoaked of the number of people we already have for this swap, and the number of ladies involved in it as well, I would like to thank each one of you for your participation in this swap, and I really look forward to seeing what each one of you come up with, I forsee a lot of pink in this one :lol:

Timenet, all the info you need is in the posted part of the section at the very top of the swaps page, pleease read all of the rules carefully, and please ask me any futher questions you may have and I will be more than happy to answer them for you. Thanks again to all of the participants!!!!!

Dustin

Does anyone have a problem with cutting this one off at 10 or 12? My (almost) five year old's attention span will be stretched as it is.

Ok guys and gals, Im gonna go ahead and close this one up to new enteries, so each one of you need to tie up 9 flies, any fly that you choose, and any size. the due date will be March 5. Make sure you dont forget your SASE, and Ill post my addy in a couple of days, the first package that arrives to me will recieve an additional 5 flies, and if I get 2 in the same day both will get flies. I look forward to seeing your flies, and I will post pics as they arrive. I want to thank all of you for joining this swap, and if you need any help or have any questions please ask me and Ill help you out. The sooner I recieve the packages the sooner you get your flies back. Have fun and start tying :yahoo:

Dustin.

Hello this is Kaylidh. I dont think im better than my dad <_< well thank u again well that is it for now. OH yea i am tieing a wolly buger buh bye :D

Sloane will be tying a Barbie Bug. It is basically a hot pink version of the Green Weenie. Here in the Smokies both patterns work REALLY well in the summer. They are excellent on bluegills as well.

Micah has 6 of her Green Weenies tied already. She is really getting the hang of it. She is even doing pretty well with the whip finisher. I'm sure she will help Sloane with hers as well.

Thanks again for hosting!

My Addy is:

Dustin Westfall

HC 81 Box 258 C

Lewisburg WV 24901

Thanks again to all who are participating!!!

Dustin

I feel your pain, Megan - every time I need to use the Thompson whip finisher, i have to pop open a video on my pc... just cannot get the hang of it. Oh well, won't be the first time a girl has shown me up.

:hyst: It took me 2 years to learn how to whipfinish, so I know how ya feel!!! there is a tutorial in the beginners colum that does an excellente job in showing how to use the whipfinish tool.

Dustin

Micah is done! :yahoo: She is really doing well. Sloane will tie hers next week (they are at their mother's house this week). I have to get some pink thread too. I'll wait and send them in together.

Thats great, I cant wait to see em!!!!! I hope all of you enjoy tying these flies, and I know you will enjoy getting all of the other flies back in the mail!!! :yahoo:

Dustin