Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Carne

Shannon 4/0+

Aha got ya! You thought it was one of those dodgy full feather jobs didn't you?

This is the Scottish Shannon (bit of a contradiction in terms) from Francis Francis - it's a slight variant in that it calls for grey speckled peahean - which I'd guess is the tail on the hen peacock (or possibly the grey tail supports on the male - some of which have speckling), it also called for claret-orange - got me on that one so I used a very dark hot orange I have.

Anyway quite please with it, though it didn't photograph well - getting hacked off with the degree of distortion I get with my camera which spoiled the shape of this fly, which I was well pleased with, in the shot (note how you're looking down on the top of the barb, but straight on at the shank - there's obviously the same distortion to the wing)

Dave

post-3384-1170491545_thumb.jpg

DG Yep 5 - actually the light blue should be double width, but I didn't fancy it like that.

Jussi - it's Uni lace - dead cheap and not bad - quite fine and only in silver.

Dave

Beautiful work Dave! I love the body and really like the five segments of floss. I couldn't understand what you were saying about the claret orange yesterday but I think you have nailed it!

Hi Dave,

Like everyone else I was expecting something else, the fly is just spot on a great example of just how talented you are.

Well done.....

All the best Davie

P.s I haven't forgot about the J.C., just waiting for the call when he's got his new stock in.

Sign in to follow this