Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
DeerhairTom

'cuda measurement

Could someone with a DynaKing Barracuda take a measurement for me please. I need the measurement of the arm from the point where the horizonal shaft makes the downward bend to the end of the jaws extended out.

I have a renzetti, but I am considering the 'cuda for more clearance in the "v" section, for such steps as splitting tails for one example. The Renzetti at best is 1 3/4 inch. If not enough clearance on the 'cuda, I may opt for the Pro model.

Thanks all,

DeerhairTom

If I understand you correctly, with the jaw fully extended the disatnace from the down turn in the arm to the tip of the jaws is 3.5"

Thanks Redwings, that's what I was looking for. I may get to try one this weekend after all. With my master, I can push the jaws up, but then the rotation axis is out of wack. I will try a 'cuda and then choose 'cuda or Pro.

Thanks again.

DeerhairTom

I have a renzetti and a DK barracuda jr. trekker. There is a big difference in "left hand room" while tying. I love my Dk and only use my ren as a travel rig or if I am tying small stuff.

I'm with you Sawcat. That's the main reason I chose the Cuda over the Renzetti and the Peak.

I just ordered an HMH Spartan with midge jaws for small hooks.

Dave

Thanks guys, that is exactly what I was looking for. I like the term, "left hand room" Sawcat. That explains my concern better than my babbling did.

DeerhairTom