Fly Tying

FTOTY 2nd Round Voting!!!

Once again I have to thank everyone who participated in the 2006 FTOTY Contest. I personally believe the contest turned out great and seeing the end result reminds me why I put this on every year. Without members willing to participate this annual event would not exist, so I say "thank you" to each and every one of you.

We are now down to 18 flies....

These 18 flies represent the very best of their categories chosen by you the members of FTF. One of these flies will be chosen and the member that tied this fly will be crowned the Fly Tyer of the Year and will be awarded the custom bamboo fly rod built by Chris Carlin.

I am sure that most of you thought that I was going to announce the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place flies in each category tonight. If you thought that you were wrong. If you participated in the contest this year and you do not see your fly listed as a choice it does not mean that you did not win a category. I made some modifications to the 2nd round voting software this year so that it will remain a mystery until I unveil the results after the 2nd round voting has ended. Don't worry it will all make sense in the end. So if you don't see your fly, don't fret, you may have won...you'll just have to wait and see. Hey, I gotta keep things interesting. :D

Enough rambling, it is time to start the 2nd round voting. Congrats to all 18 winners(although you don't know who you are :hyst: ).

You may vote only once, take your time and make your selection carefully. Study each fly and make your choice based on your idea of the perfect fly.

The voting will end Tuesday February 13th and 9:00 PM EST

Have fun and follow this link to vote now: http://flytyingforum.com/?act=special&...ntest_votefinal

That was a small error that had been fixed. It was only letting you actually vote once but it would continue to show the flies....

Wow. Some great finalists in this round.

It's neat seeing most of the flies I voted for initially in this.

Yes, congrat's to all who placed in the top position for their category!!!

Pretty much all the top flies here were ones that I voted for myself, that is real cool.

Can't wait to see the grand prize winner!!!

Damian.

WELL DONE TO ALL..EVERYONE SHOULD BE PROUD OF THEMSELVES..THESE FLIES ARE TOP NOTCH AND EVEN THE ONES PRIOR TO THIS ROUND :thumbup: :thumbup: CONGRATS TO ALL