Fly Tying

Hi Guys, here is the second tie , of what hopefully will be a very enjoyable journey , and many new friends.

Sorry still used wide herl ( better and apropriate materials on way from Nick at Glasgow Angling Centre)

Cheers

Edward

post-8893-1171315113_thumb.jpg

Edward, Ok , now we're comming out of the box. This is another nice job and once you get some decent herl(with smaller barbules) you'll be well on your way to some fantastic looking flies, this is another nice job

A little desktop tripod makes life a lot easier - use a really slow exposure too - digital's just like wet film in that the longer the exposure the better the detail.

I would VERY STRONGLY recommend you aim to follow original patterns at least initially (even if you intend to stray into the murky waters of creative/freestyle tying eventually) as they teach you a great deal and force you to attempt the bits you'll inevitably avoid coz you don't like doing them - and that ultimately will make you a much better, more rounded tyer, as well as giving people a benchmark against which they can assess and assist in your development as a tyer.

Great job though - specially the head.

Cheers

Dave

i'm impressed by your abilities. this new found art won't take you very long to master. you have a knack for it so keep practicing, very nice tie

Bud

It's all there Edward...your job to take it the distance. Mr. Carne offers excellent advice!!!! I'm looking forward to your next post

Daveg

You're making progress. Keep it up. I agree with Dave C. (I have to, he's the master, and besides, he'll yell at me if I don't :hyst: ) Seriously, what he says makes a lot of sense, especially the part about not skipping the hard parts. It's only by trying them over and over, and getting advice, that they become less hard. I look forward to more of your flies.

Leigh