Fly Tying

I am so screwed

I have been working in the yard taking out some bushes, digging, raking and then brought all the stuff to the landfill. On the way home I noticed my ring was not on my finger. It is cold here (cold for Florida) and I guess my finger shrunk a little and the ring fell off. I've been all over the garden and the house, but nothing. My guess is that as I tossed stuff into the dumpster at the dump, the ring went with it. :wallbash:

My wife is a very sentimental person and I've been wearing that ring for 37 years, it's going to be tough to break the news to her.

Yup, your screwed haha.. Its been nice knowin ya man .. jk I'm sure she will realize that these things happen, hope she does, good luck with that TB.

I dont know if a metal detector would pick it up, if so rent one. I know a guy that lost his ring on the mudflats 12 days later his uncle found it, so anything is possible. oh yea that sucks!!

i've had two near misses of my own:

1) on my honeymoon of all places, fishing on a boat off of belize. my hand got wet and the ring fell off. didn't know if it fell overboard or was rolling around the boat somewhere. i couldn't find it until we reached the dock. all the way thinking "my wife will never let me fish again."

2) very similar to your experience. was doing yard work when i noticed my ring was no longer on. luckily, knew the area where i was working. actually found the ring buried under a plant i had planted.

don't give up hope. it might turn up.

From one hubby to another - tell her right away. She will not be happy, but she will understand that things like that happen. Happened to me while remodeling a house, we were both upset, but upset together.

BUT, if you lost it in a poker game, that's another matter. If that is the case, Fly time - call me and we can car pool up there.

not good. keep looking, hopefully it will turn up. but in the meantime tell her, for god sakes tell her. it may help you avoid wwIII :boxing:

Paul,

Keep in mind that this does not mean you are single... ( :P sorry, just kidding. I shouldn't be poking fun at a deadman.)

Maybe this would be a good time to suggest to your wife that you renew your wedding vows... :innocent:

well troutbum, look at it like this. She loved ya before the ring, and she'll still love ya. It's only metal and stone. Love knows no bounds. Better a ring then a life. Besides, now she can hit ya up for that anniversary ring set most women want after a few years.