Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Hellgrammite swap pt. 1

sent flies out last week... did they arrive?

Hi LBIW!

Sorry, I shoulda' hit a bump on this thread. Yours arived, and if y'all check the first post, I've updated to show who all's flies arrived. (Wow, I can really butcher the English laguage...)

I'll let you know what part two is as soon as all this swap's flies are mailed... it's gonna be a good challenge, I promise!

Im going to go out on a limb.......dobsonfly????

Grrrr.... party pooper! :hyst: Yup, that's the next step. The next stage of the Helgy, the popper for the dropper, the floater for the roller, the- ah, you get the point. :)

Hey gang,

I just found out that flytime has a very good reason for being a bit behind. I'm still going to mail the flies out tomorrow, but I want to make clear that due to his circumstances unlike some other instances of drop outs in other swaps, Dustin will not have this one held against him as a swapper in any way.

The flies are all in the mail gang, and you are gonna be blown away! Truly, these are the best Hegrammite imitations I've ever seen, and they're gonna catch fish. To make up for our missing fly, I gave you all one of my favorite wet flies. It's Partridge and Squirrel and works very well when nothign is hatching, and extremely well when Caddis are on the water. Enjoy!

I'll post a pic of this swap's flies in a bit. Almost ready for part two?

Hey fellas, Im sorry for not getting my flies out to you, and I hope you can forgive me!! I have had some real serious issues to take care of with my grandmother passing, she had really taken a turn for the worse in the last month, and to be honest tying was the last thing on my mind. Mark, I thank you for taking it easy on me, its really appreciated, along with your kind words and prayers!!! Once again guys, Im sorry for not holding up my end of the deal on this swap.

Dustin