Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Flounder Around

Guest Guest

Will, I am using thin foam with epoxy top..but I am revising this to use a "plastic" body... This fly will be in Fly Tyer (I hope) in the spring... since I screwed up the timing and will miss the winter issue. Look for Rich Murphy's Lobster in the the next issue.... BTW.. the top is Tan Mallard flank and dotted...but dotted sparingly... based on my observations. You can make these any shade of the sand bottom you are working with. Also, and the most important is that it has two lead dumbell eyes..spaced along the hook shank to let it land flat and then skip along the bottom , like a flounder. Short strips..stop... then again....

Stri

great looking fly, man!!!! Glad you made the hope over to our little forum...keep the great work coming!!!!!

Guest Guest_striblue

BTW.. I know you have a new board and love the idea of a "tying" board... I am now in Chatham on the Cape and my post just came though as "Guest". I am posting from my lap top here... and I could not post a Striped Bass fly.. that is a fly tied to look like a little striped bass...This is just FYI