Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
butterfly

My first floss

Im pretty proud of the kid for her first try she did pretty good!!! Black floss over black thread and a black hook was not the easiest to teach with but Im happy and so is she!!!

Emilee, my daughter Bailee loves your pink fly and she says that when she starts tying that she wants pink scissors and a pink vise. We are proud of our future tyer. Why do I have a feeling that she is going to give those Rist Brothers a run for their money? :)

Emilee, tell your dad to pm me your address so that I can send a small package to get you going. I am sure that I can find some beginning materials to practice with and keep you occupied.

Matt I cant wait to see Bailees first tries!!! One recommendation I have is clipping the hook point may save some "ouchies" Em got the hand 4 or 5 times. I think ill take my last spey hook and file it down a bit so she can still feel the hook but not need stitches!!! But that black one above is stuck on a magnet for life now!!!

:yahoo: Hey Butterfly, that is great! Listen to your dad and don't be afraid to ask us here if you have any questions or are having trouble with something. Believe me, you will have trouble too but don't get discouraged. You can do anything you put your mind to. It just takes work and patience.

Dad, put these early bits of fuzz & hooks away and bring them out when she's twenty, thirty or more. They will be priceless bits of the good old days.

Believe me Ronn I am soaking this up like crazy!!! I just realized that If she truly enjoys this and sticks with it I get to give her a Feather MC gift card for her Birthday, Christmas, Valentines Day, Ground Hogs Day, Easter, Mothers Day (what she will be a mom in like 40 to 50 years) 4th of July, Cinco DeMyao, Washington's Birthday Oh this list goes on and on!!!! Hmmm Now I just need to get the 4 year old hooked on flat screens and the 2 year old hooked on rod building!!!

You'll have to get one hooked on lawn mowing and another on house and room painting! :hyst:

Pretty cool! :headbang: Tell daddy you want an Abel vice, they'll make one in pink for you. :hyst:

Hey TB can I get a loan???? Im like 750.00 dollars short for the pink vise!

I was thinking about painting my Danvise with a can of pink spray paint but since Troutbum is buying, I'll take one also. ;)

you guys stay tuned, the kid has indian crow and cotinga headed her way. matched macaw covets and other feathers. a load of silks and tinsels. hooks already built up, even sent her some married wing materials AND MARRIED WINGS ALREADY MADE UP. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT EMILEE MAKES.

Bud

Sign in to follow this