Fly Tying
byhaugh

Tying Flies and listening to your ipod

How Many Tie While Listening to an ipod?  

167 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Don’t own an I-pod and seldom actually use my MP3 player. I will turn on music probably 2/3rds the time, never the TV (it will go months between even being turned on...and its usually done by company). I find that with repetitious tying the music helps and when I want to sit down and concentrate on one fly for a few hours, complete silence is what I prefer. Oh, and when I pack my stuff, the sound of the water running in the stream/river makes a great background noise when tying...problem is it makes you want to rush what you tie.

My iPod stays in the car, but I usually turn on iTunes on my PC since it's right next to my tying desk and the upgraded speakers & subwoofer kick ;)

I may be an old man [44] wife says i am old anyway but I do my best flies listening to Metallica

or Ted Nugent and lately Rob Zombie, I'm a headbanger from way back. Cheers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,B :wallbash: :headbang:

That's what I am saying :devil: .....a lil And Justice for All... :headban:

I am usually tying while the wife watches TV.

If alone, yes use Ipod or itunes through PC. I usually have music of playing at all times. Ipod is just another method.

Dont own and most likely will never own an ipod! I do very much like having the tunes on while tying. I tie in the same room as my PC so it's always tunes on the computer. As for types of music, that can be all over the scale I listen to just about anything and everything. Lately it is a mix of pretty much just Zeplin and Floyd.

Mike

I always have some sort of background noise on when tying, but never an ipod, the wires just get in the way. Usually I have itunes on my computer on or the radio, sometimes the TV but I find I can't concentrate as much with that on so just end up watching it and forgetting about the fly lol.

I dont use an ipod/mp3 mostly because my computer is right near my tying desk. i usually put Trout bum Diaries vol I in the DVD player and listen to it in the background.

I like having a little background noise when i am tying so i would be inclined to use one if i didnt have a better option.

Oh yeah, I am right there with Batman and beaverfsu - headbanging is where its at.

I'm on 24/7 recall so I have to hear my phone, pager, and cel phone. Wife has an ipod I bought her for Christmas , and she filled up over 100 gigs on the PC hard drive with music..... :blink:

I don't do i-pods.

I subscribe to Napter's service so I have almost every song made right at my finger tips. I just pick an album I want to listen to and let it play while tying. Best $10 a month I have ever spent.

I don't have an iPod because my cell phone has 2 gigs of music memory but I don't listen to that while I'm tying. I put a cd in my player right next to my desk. Bands-Rush!!!!, The Byrds, Earth Wind and Fire, Modest Mouse, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC. Those are the basic tying bands for me although I have many more cd's. Those just seem to fit well with the scenario.