Fly Tying
byhaugh

Tying Flies and listening to your ipod

How Many Tie While Listening to an ipod?  

167 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have two teenage boys in the house...quiet is too precious a commodity to throw away by injecting noise into my head, especially while tying...or fishing.

The only time I use my Ipod is while cutting the grass on the tractor.But I have all the same music on my computer in my tying roomJust put in on shuffle and tie,tie, tie.

I always have music on . Depending on my mood it Classical or country or old rock.

no ipod

no ipod yet- i really want one though....

music is a must during tying for sure.

B) , R.

No Ipod.... I've got an 80gb zune :wub:

I mostly just listen to alot of christian metalcore and alternative rock. August Burns Red, Underoath, Oh Sleeper White Stripes, Linkin Park, Paramore.... Stuff lke that...

I just picked up an Ipod and play it once in awhile when I tie. Oldies, heavy metal, some gospel .. a bit of everything.

I have a computer in my tying room and play itunes off of that to some speakers.... I would likely cut the headphone cable if I wore them while tying. Surprisingly I listen to the Grateful Dead while tying, usually something from 1977...if I want to crank out a lot of flies, I'll got for something late '60s with pigpen playing prominently ... sometimes I burn some incense to with the atmosphere.... my tying room is my man room and my wife allows me to hang my dead posters etc in there..... but I digress.

sometimes I burn some incense to with the atmosphere....

You know, Salty...I thought some of the flies you've sent me smelled a little...err..."suspicious". hippie.gif

Patchouli? Nag Champa?

Mike

I don't have a ipod. During baseball season or college basketball season, I'll turn on a game while tying. I don't really watch, I just listen. If there isn't a game on, I listen to radio from Guam or South Africa over the internet.

sometimes. My 4GB Ipod is full of Grateful Dead bootlegs

I have been known to put on the big headphones and turn em up. I like the surround sound to kind of tune it all out. I hook them up to my ipot and slide it under my shirt so the cord doesnt get in the way. Listening to music definately speeds everything up and allows me to concentrate. I like it pretty far on the rock spectrum. Ben harper, dave matthews, jawbox, the bronx, machine head and even mastadon.(although crack the skye wasnt all that great imo) I even listen to some jazzy pat metheny.

Pretty much most of the time I listen to mine. If I am marathon tying than I will put on something heavy and fast. If I am trying to take my time I will listen to "ole blue eyes" and keeps me calm and steady.