Fly Tying
byhaugh

Tying Flies and listening to your ipod

How Many Tie While Listening to an ipod?  

167 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm fortunate that my tying bench is in my home office where I have both a computer and my old Marantz 2270 and Sansui speakers. I stream Sirrius online into my stereo as I work. I listen to Classic Vinyl (Channel #14) and Classic Rewind (Channel #15) cause under the button down image is an old hippie that can still get fired up listening to Led Zepplin's "Over The Hills and Far Away". :rolleyes:

Tight Lines,

Eusebius

I have a docking station at bench and also like podcasts etc...lets me catch up on fishing stuff without distraction...other than that some relaxing music is good also...prefer the Dead, Marley, etc.

I'm fortunate that my tying bench is in my home office where I have both a computer and my old Marantz 2270 and Sansui speakers. I stream Sirrius online into my stereo as I work. I listen to Classic Vinyl (Channel #14) and Classic Rewind (Channel #15) cause under the button down image is an old hippie that can still get fired up listening to Led Zepplin's "Over The Hills and Far Away". :rolleyes:

Tight Lines,

Eusebius

Ahhhh Marantz... the old industry standard - I love Marantz audio harware!

I usually listen to my iPod in some form whether on the docking station or iTunes; most often music but also tune into podcasts.

When listening to podcasts I tune into Flyfishing Internet Radio and when listening to music I prefer Bluegrass (Frostbitten Grass, a good old U.P. Band), David Crowder, Todd Agnew, Jack Johnson, and Dave Matthews Band (Live stuff only).

I can barely afforg tying supplies.....IPOD....maybe in 5 years when they're outdated and giving them away in cereal boxes.....plus MP3 sound quality is toilet flushings.....the general public just wants an easy way to get music for free and store it in the smallest space possible, but have this long cord dangling all over the place......so nothing on my IPOD....hehehe

I can hardly afford supplies too, I still run out of hackle all the time for wet flies and fro the small flies I tie. I don't have any money!!

Almost have my 60 GB iPod topped off. I listen to my music when I remember to, if not, then I don't and just tie in silence. Bands include *deep breathe* Pink Floyd, Animal Collective, Led, Pearl Jam, John Butler, Eric Clapton, The Doors, Thom Yorke, The Clash, Atmosphere, Moody Blues, Kings of Leon, Peter Frampton, Beach House, REM, Stone Roses, The Who, Vitamin String Quartet... yea I like a lot...

BitTorrent is my friend :)

I voted no. While I do have one (a first gen model...old as dirt that I just got) I prefer to listen to a DVD. I have a portable DVD player I use.

Sometimes I will listen to Pandora or my iTunes library. I usually have dvds of Fly Tying the Angler's Art playing on my laptop or watching the episodes online. I really like listening to Leroy Hyatt talk about fly fishing and tying. He seems like a great guy and his voice is very soothing. The late Dave Engerbretson had a ton of knowlege and Carolyn Sells is good too. If you haven't seen these episodes, go to KWSU's website. Great stuff for the beginner.

Another alternative to Pandora is Grooveshark. You can make your own playlists, save 'em and search a huge library of songs for free. Its what I use and yes I like to have some music in the background while I'm tying. Right now its Johnny Cash and Dizzy Gillespie.

I listen to my iPod all the time when I'm tying. But I don't use head phones or any of that I have a docking station at my desk. also I listen to easy listening music and a low volume so it's a nice backround music.