Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
butterfly

hair wing hex

She almost tied this by her self !! I just talked her through it!!!! this is a fly that I did in a steelhead swap last year. I also entered it in the ftoty hair wing categorie

I think hers is better than the one I did for sages shadow box!!!! the head is better!!!

post-2608-1173400917_thumb.jpg

Dang! I quit (again)! You kids are just too good. I need some help to carry all these feathers out to the burn pile!!!!

Butterfly, you tie better than your dad!!!! :headbang:

Uh burn pile...... :huh: :blink: :unsure: I sure that if we see smoke on the horizon that there will be plenty of people to intercede with the alleged massacre of the Fowl Fur!! Plus I do not think that feathers can make a hot enough flame to melt glass beads!! I pretty much just showed her each step and let he re do it her self. She did have a bit of trouble with the dubbin so I had to re-spin it a bit. I plan to keep teaching her flies but also letting her experiment and just have fun.. I cant wait until she does her first solo!!! :headbang: :headbang:

Butterfly, that is absolutely phenominal! You tie beautiful flies, I cannot wait to get down there so you can show me how to tie like that. Great job, keep it up!

Great job butterfly. That fly reminds me of a bumblebee and I am sure would be absolutely killer which makes it look even better. Keep it up and please keep us in the loop!

She got a great box of stuff in the mail today!!! :headbang: :yahoo: I hope to get her on the vise tomorrow to try some of it. But tonight she says she wants to tie a bug!!! Like I said before the kid has roots in the great lakes. Tying bugs here is like overcast skies!!! Almost a everyday thing!!!! :lol: She also needs to make a thank you card and get it in the mail Monday! Maybe I can get her to tie a bug for her Cajun Santa!!!!! B)

Sign in to follow this