Fly Tying

"mystery box revival"

jim

many years ago, a buddy and I spent some time at shaver and huntington lakes. we did catch a few fish, nice areas.our local mountains and the sierras have so much snow this year, the scenery is going to be awesome.

even with the extra heavy rainfall and snowpack ,the water authorities are still saying drought conditions are still in effect!!!

the storm today, in this area, is dumping a couple feet of snow in the local mountains.mother nature is spreading the snow, in record amounts, all over the country. this has been some winter, so far.

stay warm and dry

pat

Received an email from aroostookbasser this week, he is slowly recovering from serious back problems.he is now in a brace. He keeps apologizing , and definitely plans to get the boxes mailed out, soon . heres wishing him a speedy recovery. we want this " moose hunter" and mountain man up and running as soon as possible!!!

cencalfly will be sending "box #3" on its way very shortly. it is mainly flies made by the new tyers, cencalfly and I have added a few more flies, thought this would give the new tyers an idea what this swap is about.

appreciate your patience, and hope very shortly that cycle 4 gets back on track again. will keep you posted as best that I can. this has been some winter, mother nature continues to flex her muscles,and I bet some of you are still having problems with snow. this neck of the woods has gotten plenty of much needed rain, and the spring flowers and hillsides should be something else.

have a good one

pat carroll

Got the box from Cencalfly and am in the process of going thru them.. they will be back in the Mail system sometime today..Great bunch of flies everyone!!

good hearing from you ,will. has the weather started to get better, it seems your neck of the woods got hit real hard.

southern california weather has been great ,last couple days in the seventies.

have a good one

pat

Yes Pat.. Weather here has been extremely nice.. been in the middle 60's last few days.. I haven't been around much as of late as my Arthritis has been really bad in my hands this year! Haven't even been able to hold a fly rod.. and that hurt's as there are Steel and Browns flying up the creeks right now.. Had Cortisone shots in them today.. stung like hell but are felling better as i write this...

had an email from aroostookbasser this morning. he is still having problems getting around, heres wishing him a speedy and quick recovery. the "mystery boxes " have been mailed out a couple days ago. He said the flies were awesome. cycle 4 is now up and running again, with the addition of "mystery box 3" making its way across the country. we have 3 new tyers ,so this gives us a chance to see some more fly tying talents on display.

hope mother nature hasn't caused you too many problems. lets get back to checking some great flies out.

have a good one'

pat

hope mother nature hasn't caused you too many problems.

Pat,

I think Jersey has had enough rain to take care of April's Showers and May's Flowers.

Of course April really doesn't need to Shower and May can just keep on planting Flowers if she wants. :hyst:

As soon as the creeks, streams and rivers beginn to subside, the blasted Weather Man calls for more rain. I'm going to have to stock fish in my new Cellar Pond and call it Lake Webb. :angry:

Know the feeling with Rich, we have had enough rain in Kentucky too. I told my husband if the water keeps standing in our yard we just need to dig it out and make it a lake and stock it and fish from our front porch. BDH said that if the spring rain is like the winter rain we received we will have a house boat and be floating in our yard. :hyst: :hyst:

We received the reverse mystery box yesterday, will have it back out by Monday for sure maybe earlier if I can get to the PO box before with work. The flies look great.

Thanks everyone.

its great hearing from you mystery swappers and thanks for the updates. it sounds as though a few of you had to head to the high country.I wonder what noah's choice of flies were ,when he was floating around in the ark!!!

bassbugn, will and chollo will soon have a package landing at their doorsteps, if my memory serves me right.

brent and will, heres wishing you both some great recovery from your health issues and hoping you both are "up and running" very soon.

its great having cycle 4 on the move again, stay dry, behave and have a good one

pat

Bassbugn, be on the look-out :bugeyes: The reverse box is on its way to you!! I sent it out today. Some great looking flies in there. I missed not getting the box after you, I like those deer hair that you have had in there the last few times when you get it before me. Have fun the box is on its way.

Have a great day. I did get a really nice purple fly out of the box but it was missing the toe tag. I think it will be great for the large mouth in our local lake or maybe even the gar in the river in a couple more weeks. BDH said it was most likely tied for the big steelhead. Thanks to whom ever I will report if I catch fish on it.

Later

FF13- Jamie

jim, the 3 boxes are still making their rounds. oldhat will be sending "mystery box 3" on its way to chollo. cycle 4 is starting to heat up again. sounds as though we may be in for some wet stuff, stay warm and dry.

thanks for the updates, have a good one

pat

Yes, great selection. Got some nice little trout flies and a bass popper, and couple hairwings. It was fun. It's all reloaded and packaged and on it's way to Chollo in the morning.

I heard from aroostookbasser today, he's starting to get around a little better, still slow but sure. He's able to tie up a few flies, and rarin' to get back into some swapping, great news. here's hoping that will is able to get back in the groove, its been a long haul for both of them.hopefully the spring weather will get the juices flowing. I miss hearing from both of them!!!

With 3 "mystery boxes" making their way around the country, we must have at least 350 flies or so , being checked out.The selection must be something else!! Don't have any idea how the "charity box"is doing, if anyone has any suggestions for the next charity to send these flies, feel free to let me know.

have a good one

pat

Thanks for the update, chollo 23. Thought you might like this format, and there are two other boxes of flies being checked out in different parts of the country.Lots of quality flies on display !!!

have a good one

pat carroll