Fly Tying

"mystery box revival"

My son got back from Summer camp Saturday. Brought home a Rainbow and a Big Brown. He caught them at a Fishery near the camp. They have one rule at the fishery, you have to keep what you catch, limit is two fish. He also caught a 3 pound Pike at Swartswood Lake.

I got a mystery box in the mail Saturday. Not sure what number it is, but it's the same box I got when round 4 began, I believe, as it still had a couple of my flies in it (should I be upset no one claimed them??!!....jk).

I've selected 10 flies I tied this winter when snowed in and plan to get them tagged and the box back in the mail today. I'll post once they are on their way to California.

It's a nice bunch of flies... had trouble deciding which ones to keep!

Colonel Mel

Good to hear the box is moving. Sounds like box 3, I labeled the other boxes as 1 and 2

Any idea when I should expect this in the mail? I have no idea what order I'm in or what box is coming my way..............

Looking forward to it!

Any idea when I should expect this in the mail? I have no idea what order I'm in or what box is coming my way..............

Looking forward to it!

Trez

I'll be adding you to the first box I get back. The three boxes are still making their rounds.

rich

The original (CYCLE 4 BOX) has landed at my doorsteps this afternoon. I should be able to send it

your way within a couple days. As expected, there's quite a selection of flies.

here's wishing you all the best from californee.

have a good one

pat

Wow didn't know we had four boxes. Good to hear from you Pat, I hope the weather is cooler than New Jersey. Temp will be 101 with high humidity.

rich,

I only had three boxes going. The original, the reverse order box and the third box.

Stay cool, I fondly remember the high humidity days when I grew up in the pittsburgh steeler area. Last weekend, we had some temperatures around 108 degrees, heavy winds and lightning storms ignited at least 8 fires in the local area. Typical california kind of weekend.

have a good one

pat

I received Box three. I think I'll wait till the other two return and then consolidate. Let me know how you feel about the idea. Also looking for a status one boxes one and two.

Consolidate them........

Getting to choose from even more flies sounds like a great deal to me but then I'm the new guy, so I haven't really got any time invested, just my 15 flies to start. For what it's worth, I'm happy to wait a bit longer.

Guys.. my sincere apologies.

Had another surgery in Boston...spent about 6 weeks there.

Returned home to find boxes here.

"Material swap" should have been mailed long ago...wife and I are taking a vacation from each other. Accident and recovery too much.

While "cleaning up" the house i found another.....a regular Mystery box.

Will send them out as soon as possible.

Again I am truly sorry for this..........just wasn't here. Been a rough few months.

Hey Basser, it's good to hear from you. Sorry you're going through these troubles. Hang in there, we"ll be praying that things work out. Are the surgeries going to get you going again?

My third surgery since I got nailed.........

This one .....relieved pressure on a nerve that kept me from having reasonable hand to elbow sensations in my right hand. Wierd as all get out, just went numb one day about a week after the accident and they had no explanatin for it in Maine. Could feel some stuff, but not well enough to thread a bobbin, or dub an Adams.

All is good, shoulder hurts from operation but my hands are working well .......and I can walk......sit and TYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you to all who have been praying for me......God Bless!!!!

Will be looking forward to a good long winter of tying on FTF!!!!!