Fly Tying

"mystery box revival"

Af_Tier the flies have made their way to California, they hit the Sort Facility in Richmond and should be at your door tomorrow.

According to USPS Tracking the Box should be in the hands of af_tier. I haven't heard anything yet from him.

After reading this post, it seems like the real mystery is what happened to all the boxes! :lol:

Couldn't have said any better myself. It's a shame that this happens.

I think it is official. The Mystery Box has met it's demise. :( The box landed in California and according to tracking was delivered to the first name on the list. But I have not heard anything. :( This makes it the Third box to "Vanish". :angry: I'm now at a loss as to what to do. We had two new swappers that added some really great flies to the box. I was hesitant to send the box out fearing it would disappear. At this point I think I'm going to close the Mystery Box Revival for now. The cost to those who have contributed flies to the three lost boxes is not worth a fourth box being created stocked and then lost. If some one else wishes to try again please be my guest, the idea is a great one.

Sorry Pat I tried to keep the swap going but fate had other plans.

Trez and Mickey99 I'm sorry that you did not have a chance to get to see the flies.

If for some reason the box does start to move again please keep it going and add a tracking number so we can follow it's movement.

rich

I checked the date of the first entry for the "mystery swap", it was March 13, 2007!!!, so it has been running for almost 4 years. I am definitely partial to the format of this swap, and what a

great group of talented tyers we had and have in this swap. A lot of dialog and fly tying sharing went on, we were certainly able to have awesome communication.

hopefully, it can get up and running again. you definitely did a great job as swameister.

have a good one

pat carroll

Hey guys, just sent Rich a PM--Box 6 is back on the move, on it's way to Missouri I believe.

I apologize for such a huge delay. Our training schedule lately has been NUTS, and coming home to a swap box kinda horrified me, once I looked at the delivery date!

Frank

Hey guys, just sent Rich a PM--Box 6 is back on the move, on it's way to Missouri I believe.

I apologize for such a huge delay. Our training schedule lately has been NUTS, and coming home to a swap box kinda horrified me, once I looked at the delivery date!

Frank

ROCKIN!!!!!! SWAP'S ON :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: Now I feel better. Thanks Frank for the update. Looks like the swap is not dead after all and here I just found a new pencil box in order to prep another box. Mikey99 be on the look out you were next on the list. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Man I'm glad too see the box moving I can't wait too see what everyone has submitted, I guess I'll be busy this weekend making sure I have a few critters ready to ride.