Fly Tying

"mystery box revival"

c.teeter

I sent you a message. hope it makes sense what this swap is about. we should be able to work something out, in most instances , we try to be accomodating. you should like the format of this swap, quite a talented group of tyers.as I mentioned in the message, any fly will be fine, reach down in your favorite hiding places and swap along with the rest of us.

welcome aboard

pat carroll

great hearing from you , jamie. the hubbard family seems to be having a busy and fun time raising the family. anxous to check your flies out again, cycle 4 should be a good un". I would imagine most tyers are rarin' to go.

have a good one

pat

Cencal... Definitely was kidding about the Steelhead flies! Right now it is so cold here that the anchor ice is getting quite bad.. Hopefully a warm up will come along soon..But with it being as cold as it is i have tied a ton of flies! Yes.. that brown was quite fugly! A friend told me that he was one of them 'special needs' brown!!

Lets make a welcome to the " mystery swap". We, at the fly tying forum may recognize him as "BEST FREAKIN RELATOR". bentflyrod will be sending flies very shortly.

Hope the weather eases up for those of you in the cold weather areas, sounds like its nasty.

have a good one

pat

I have been doing a bit of both this year.. I honestly like bottom bouncing the best.. but working with the Pin a bit this year also.. It's so cold here right now that the fly line is a quarter inch diameter after a half hour of so...So have been using the Pin and Floats till it warms up a bit..

If this starts up again with an opporunity for someone new to jump in, let me know!

smalliefanatic has asked to sit out this round. rich and mel , would you please take his name off the mailing sequence? still getting interest with new tyers, sent David Legg a message,wasn't sure if some of the new players from the material swap would be interested. At present, we have three new tyers. Should be able to work something out.

surprised we haven't heard from rich or mel, the packages were sent out last tuesday.

have a good one

pat

WOW! You guys are GENEROUS! Got a huge box of flies in the mail!

Oh, I can only keep some... right!

It came to my office Saturday, but I wasn't in until today to open it. Hard to pick! Tried to get at least one from everybody. Couldn't find a BigDaddyHub in the box, but did keep at least one each from BDH, rich5665, Flyfisher13, cencalfly, SmallieFanatic, and a Gen Mosquito #24. Now to send these off to the secret lab to be analyzed!

Barring unforseen problems, the box will be off in the mail tomorrow to.... ha! I'm not supposed to tell!

Thanks, ya'll.... it's makes it even more special as tomorrow's my birthday!

Colonel Mel

Thanks for the reply , mel. a happy birthday for tomorrow is definitley in order. Have a fantastic day. Sound as though the 'mystery box" met your satisfaction, and to think the other box is heading to you from the other direction!!!

have a good one

pat

WOW! You guys are GENEROUS! Got a huge box of flies in the mail!

Oh, I can only keep some... right!

It came to my office Saturday, but I wasn't in until today to open it. Hard to pick! Tried to get at least one from everybody. Couldn't find a BigDaddyHub in the box, but did keep at least one each from BDH, rich5665, Flyfisher13, cencalfly, SmallieFanatic, and a Gen Mosquito #24. Now to send these off to the secret lab to be analyzed!

Barring unforseen problems, the box will be off in the mail tomorrow to.... ha! I'm not supposed to tell!

Colonel Mel

The box is great isn't it !!! BDH is BigDaddyHub's flies. Can't wait til it is my turn this time and to see what you have added to the box. Happy Birthday for tomorrow have a great one!!!!

Jamie-FF13

Colonel Mel

Happy Birthday! :cheers:

As of today, we have the following new tyers for the "mystery swap", c.teeter, bentflyrod

david legg and oldhat. welcome aboard to all, it will be great to see their flies. they come from iowa, michigan, colorado and oregon.We are certainly getting tyers from all over the U.S.A., so the "mystery swap" gets better and better.

Have a good one

pat carroll

Is this all closed up or any chance on getting in on the action? Looks way to good to pass up.

Fingers crossed,

Dave

Surprising that rich5665 hasn't posted about the "mystery swap box", he's usually quick to respond.

Hope all is okay. Mel's last post , said he would be mailing the "reverse box "out, this week.

We have ridleyffo as a new tyer, welcome aboard. I expect to be receiving flies from the new tyers very shortly. Will keep you posted.

Had a little wakeup call from mother nature about 4:a.m., this morning. A small earthquake does get ones attention, such is life in californee!!!

have a good one

pat carroll