Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Frank G. Swarner III

Attractor Back Nymph

I originally tied this pattern without the egg/attractor on the back and tried it out this past season on the Salmon River, NY. It was very successful for Salmon, Steelhead, and Brown Trout. I also tried it out on the trout streams around my house and worked well.

The attractor on the back was added after the season was over. Go figure!!! I have not yet tried it out, but it should fish just as well as the original.

Hope You Enjoy,

Fish-N-Chip

user posted imageuser posted image

Very nice looking fly.I like how it looks.The egg look realy brings it out.

I am working on a new pattern that was giving to me.

Looks like very timing.

tt

Fish-N-Chip

Very nice looking fly! Care to share any tying instructions?

I made it to the Salmon River for the first time this fall. Fished the Altmar area, wall to wall fishermen! Hooked up on several nice salmon, beautiful weather - over all a great day of fishing! Can't wait to go again next fall...

Tom

Its not too terribly hard to tie Global. No crazy or weird steps, just a different arrangement of materials.

I'll share the directions with anybody who wants them. My Email is [email protected]. I'm not sure how to do it through this site. dunno.gif

Any help would be appreciated.

The Tying Steps were done w/ publisher and I saved each page as a jpeg. E:mailing it this way worked well for my tying classes this year.

Fish-N-Chip

I you would like to email me the material list and tying instructions I would be glad to upload them to our Fly Pattern Database that we have here. The submission will give full credit to you of course. My email is [email protected]

Good Day,

Great looking flies! I think you have something there. I am sure the steelhead are going to like them!

Steelie

Nice fly. It looks like a cross between a stone (in black) and a hex nymph (in brown). The egg brings it out and gives it some color.

just a thought...have you used animal hair for the fore antennae? I have found that moose mane hairs( or similar hair fibers) stroked with a little cement make great looking antennae and allow you to tie in more realistic proportions than do biot....just a thought? Still a great pattern...I want to encourage you to add it to the d-base, Chip!

I'm glad everybody likes. I hope you tie some and get a chance to try them. You'll be pleased with the results. biggrin.gif

BDH - I played around with a bunch of fibers for the antennae but I find I like the biots for both design and function.

I criss-cross the biots over the top of the top of the body to create the wingpad and tie them down to create the antennae. This also creates a small opening in the wingppad for the egg/attractor. Also, since the biots are wider they should "catch" more water and twitch. The biots also fold back and can look like horns. devil.gif

Fish-N-Chip