Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
sniksoh

anyone in jaystockard flymarket?

is anyone in j.stockard flymarket? if you are do you get alot of buisness?...and could you explane how it works?

thanks,

sniksoh

I would email the guys at j.stockards directly. They are very upstanding folks and will answer any questions directly.

Randy

i did last night :lol:

J Stockard covers the excise

Snikosh check your pms!!!

Are you sure because they are not responding to my emails. Im pretty sure that you are responsilbe for the tax. not stockard. If I sell to retail I pay the excise on that product. And the income and sales fees er taxes(if applicable)

There are several post here made by J.Stockard about the fly Market. there is info on there site as well. I am about to send them a package to become part of the tying team. I recently checked the fly market section on the J.Stockard site. Its looking pretty good.

Good to see you jumping on board Joe Hard.....you and Sknisoh have some great looking flies in your fly pattern databases.

Day-5 I am really unsure at this point about the tax issue. I know Kate @ J. Stockard was on vacation redently, and that maybe the reason for the unanswered email. They have always been pretty quick to respond with questions that I have had.

So I'm curious, with flies being sold on the JS site, do they do any sort of quality control on fly quality or business management? I know they are independant tyers, but they are still working under JS. For those of you who tie in the flymarket - just wondering.

Thanks.

I'm considering it only for the reward points towards merchandise. I just need to send them a sample to see what they think of my flies.

I sent a sample of the flies I wanted to market, and they (J. Stockard) determined if the fly looked suitable to sell. From there I was given the option of setting my own price or letting J. Stockard make the reccomendation. This is all still very new and it's a learn-as-we-go type thing. Everyhting is sent directly from the tyer to the customer. Hope this answers your question